2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

31st August 2018, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

Re: Migration Procedure In PTU

Can you provide me the Regulations regarding Migration in PTU (Punjab Technical University) as I want to apply for migration from the University?
31st August 2018, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Migration Procedure In PTU

The Regulations regarding Migration in PTU (Punjab Technical University) are as follows:

1. Migration to a College from another College within the University will be allowed only after the completion of the 1st year and is applicable only to one who is eligible to register for 3rd semester.

2. Migration is allowed after completion of 2nd semester but before start of the 3rd semester.

3. One is not allowed to change discipline of study in the process of migration.

4. Order of preference for migration
i) Branch up gradation, if applicable, shall be carried out at the college level on the basis of the result of 1st semesters & 2nd semester. This will as per regulations for up gradation, chapter XII of the PTU Regulations 2005.

ii) Thereafter merit, worked out on the basis of marks obtained in 1st and 2nd semesters (combined), shall form the basis of migration.

iii) Preference is given to the students who have cleared all their subjects of 1st year.

5. Procedure for Intra University Migration:
i) The Institute where one is studying and the Institute to which migration is sought, should issue a no objection certificate to the applicant in the format given at Appendix B
ii) One seeking migration must submit an application written and signed together with the No Objection Certificate issued by both the colleges.
iii) The University will authorize migration only against a vacant seat available in the discipline in which migration is sought.
iv) In addition to the above, migration will be governed by the rules of the concerned College, if applicable.

Regulations regarding Migration in PTU (Punjab Technical University)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in