2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st August 2016, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Re: MICAT Psychometric Test Sample

The MICAT exam is to be taken by all the candidates who wish to apply for MICA admissions

Examination Pattern

The exam will comprise of two parts which will be further sub-divided into other parts.

Section 1 will have 4 descriptive questions related to story writing, essay writing and argumentative writing

Section 2 will have 3 parts out of which Part 1 will be a Psychometric Test, Part 2 will have Reasoning and Verbal Ability Questions and the Part 3 will have questions from General Knowledge

Psychometric Test

As the name suggests, the Psychometric Test is a test of your psychology. This section is compulsory to attempt and there is no negative marking since there can be any right or wrong answer
. There were 3 types of questions. The first set had a set of 30 statements out of which the candidates had to pick 10 statements best describing their personality.
In the second set of questions, the candidates had to choose from a set of 2 arguments and rate them according to their personality.
The third set of questions one had to rank various responses under given circumstances on a scale of 1 to 6 where 1 implies highest priority and 6 imply least priority.
Sample question :
Q: When a task is given to me, I prefer to start immediately not bothering to waste too much time mulling over the problems that may arise.
A: Strongly agree
B: Agree
C: Neutral
D: Disagree
E: Strongly disagree
The clever part is, some questions are fiendishly rephrased so that both sound like a positive attitude. Example, for the above question, strongly agree shows you are not much of a time waster. But then, take this:
Q: When a task is given to me, I invest time thinking of possible obstacles and how to tackle them before starting.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in