2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

2nd February 2017, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Re: MH CET Medical Eligibility

Feel free I will let you know Maharashtra Common Entrance Test Medical (MH CET Medical) eligibility criteria and other details.

Eligibility
A candidate belonging to open category (unreserved) must secure not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) taken together at Common Entrance Test i.e. MH CET 2016

Candidates belonging to constitutional reservation (reserved category) and with Person with Disability (PWD) must secure not less than 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry &Biology (PCB) taken together in the MH CET Medical

Person with Disability in General category must secure not less than 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) taken together

Exam pattern
The Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is for aspirants seeking admission in Maharashtra.

Being a common entrance test, subjects in the MH CET include all the subjects that need to be tested in a candidate for relevant programme.

The paper pattern given below indicates parts of the question paper, number of questions, marking scheme.

The following exam pattern was of last year. Latest exam pattern will be updated once MHT CET 2017 information brochure is released.
Paper Subject MCQ Marks per qs Total marks
Paper I Physics 50 1 50
Chemistry 50 1 50
Paper II Biology (Botany) 50 1 50
Biology (Zoology) 50 1 50
Paper III Mathematics 50 2 100

Engineering candidate needs to attempt all questions of Paper I and Paper III.

Pharmacy candidate needs to attempt all questions of Paper I and Paper II or Paper III.

Important notes about the MH CET exam

It is a pen and paper based test. Candidate has to mark the answers by blackening option in an OMR sheet.

Each paper (I, II, III) is of 1.5 hours duration.

Language of the question paper is also known before hand. The MHT CET 2017 question papers will be in English or Marathi or Urdu for Physics, Chemistry, Biology. For Mathematics, paper will only be in English.

There is no negative marking in the examination.

Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of preferences given by the candidates.

Only a limited number of meritorious candidates will be called for Counselling and asked to fill the preference form.

Counselling sessions are not meant for instant seat allocation at these offices. During these sessions candidates are helped in exercising their preferences for various courses, and the institutions.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in