2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th October 2014, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Merchant Navy after diploma

Yeah of course you can join Merchant Navy. Here I am providing you the details of training in Merchant Navy for Diploma Holders

2 Years Pre-Sea Training for Diploma Holders (DME)

Eligibility-

Diploma in Mech/ELE/ECE with minimum 50 % in
from the university approved by AICTE.
Age should not be above 28 years.
The candidate should have obtained atleast 50% in English at 10th or 12th std. or Diploma

Duration : 2 years

Medical standard :

Candidates should be physically fit for sea service under standard norms, with eye sight up to 0.5 distance vision with no color blindness.
Minimum height should be 157 centimeters.

Career Path :

After the completion of the course the cadets will be issued with the CDC, INDoS No., and Course Completion Certificate. The cadets should write the Part A Examination to join the Ship as a Fifth Engineer.
8th November 2014, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

Merchant Navy after diploma

Hi I have completed diploma in electrical now can I apply for Merchant Navy?
8th November 2014, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah sure u can join merchant navy after diploma. You can apply for the course of marine engineering diploma.

The duration of course will be 2 years after the course you will appear for MEO class IV part A Exam then after that sea service of 6 months then you will get a salary about 500$ -1000& per month.

After 6 months you can apply for MEO IV Part B exam and obtain a Class 4 COC then you will get salary around 120000-150000 per month .

Eligibility for this course –

You should have passed diploma (Mech/ELE/ECE) with
50 % .
Age should not be above 28 years.
17th March 2015, 08:55 AM
Unregistered

I have completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and want to join Merchant Navy . Which course I can apply for ?
17th March 2015, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

After completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering applicants can apply for pre sea training course .

The pre sea training course is Approved by D.G Shipping, Govt, Of India.

The pCourse is a two years residential program, where the cadets undergo theoretical classes with demonstration in well-equipped laboratories and Ship in Campus training.

Eligibility :

Applicants must have done Diploma in Marine /Mechanical / Electrical and Electronic Engineering / Naval Architecture /Electrical Engineering with minimum 50% marks in Final year.

Applicants must have obtained atleast 50% in English at 10th or 12th std. or Diploma

Age limit : Below 28 years at the time of entry.

Duration : 2 years

Medical standard :
Minimum height should be 157 centimeters.

Applicants must be physically fit for sea service under standard norms, with eye sight up to 0.5 distance vision with no color blindness.

Career Path :
The cadets should write the Part A Examination to join the Ship as a Fifth Engineer.

After the completion of the course the cadets will be issued with the CDC, INDoS No., Course Completion Certificate.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in