2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th April 2016, 09:03 AM
Unregistered

Meaning Of Fossil Fuels

Hello sir, I am Shivam Pandey. I am from Kanpur. I want you to help me by giving me some information about the meaning of fossil fuels. Also give me various details about it.
Similar Threads
Thread
What is the meaning of MBA
Cpa MBA meaning
What is the meaning of IAF
Meaning of LIC ADO
Branded Fuels Of BPCL
Fossils Fuels
Meaning of MBA
MBA PMP Meaning
Meaning of GRE
Meaning Of LLP
Meaning of HAFED
What is the Meaning of MBA
Nwanne di na MBA meaning
Agu na eche MBA meaning
What Is The Meaning Of LPU
Meaning of NDA
Meaning Of UGC NET
Meaning of EBC
Meaning of BSE Ltd.
C’est La Vie Meaning
10th April 2016, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Meaning Of Fossil Fuels

As you have asked about the meaning of fossil fuels, I am giving you some information about it, check below for the details

Fossil fuels are fuels formed by natural processes such as anaerobic decomposition of buried dead organisms.

Fossil fuels are sources of energy that have developed within the earth over millions of years.
Because fossil fuels - oil, natural gas, and coal - take so long to form, they are considered nonrenewable.

The age of the organisms and their resulting fossil fuels is typically millions of years, and sometimes exceeds 650 million years.
Fossil fuels contain high percentages of carbon and include coal, petroleum and natural gas
The use of fossil fuels raises serious environmental concerns.

Petroleum and natural gas are formed by the anaerobic decomposition of remains of organisms including phytoplankton and zooplankton that settled to the sea (or lake) bottom in large quantities under anoxic conditions, millions of years ago. Over geological time, this organic matter, mixed with mud, got buried under heavy layers of sediment.

The resulting high levels of heat and pressure caused the organic matter to chemically alter, first into a waxy material known as kerogen which is found in oil shales, and then with more heat into liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons in a process known as catagenesis.

Fossil fuels are of great importance because they can be burned (oxidized to carbon dioxide and water), producing significant amounts of energy per unit weight

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in