2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd August 2014, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Meaning of Bank Reconciliation Statement

As you want to get the details of meaning of Bank Reconciliation Statement so here it is for you:

It is a statement which compares the bank balance as per company's accounting records with the balance stated in the bank statement. It is normal for a company's bank balance as per accounting records to differ from the balance as per bank statement due to timing differences.

Format of Bank Reconciliation Statement:

Following are the transactions which usually appear in company's records but not in the bank statement:

 Deposits in Transit: Deposits which have been sent by the company to the bank but have not been received by the bank at proper time before the issuance of bank statement.

 Checks Outstanding: Checks which have been issued by the company but were not presented or cleared before the issuance of bank statement.

Following are the transactions which usually appear in bank statement but not in company's cash account:

 Service Charges: Service charges may have been deducted by the bank. Such charges are usually not known to the company before the issuance of bank statement.

 Interest Income: If any interest income has been earned by the company on its bank account, it is not usually entered in company's cash account before the issuance of bank statement.

 NSF Checks: NSF stands for "not sufficient funds". These are the checks deposited by the company in bank account but the bank is unable to receive payment on those checks due to insufficient funds in the payer's account.
10th November 2014, 12:29 PM
gaurav joshi

Bank Statement

To,
Dear Sr,

I Required For My Latest Bank Statement Plz Sent..TODAY.. My ID- My ID is gauravjoshi3885@gmail.com

Regaads,
Gaurav Joshi
U MOTORS
FROM. WAGHOLI.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in