2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th March 2017, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Re: ME Syllabus North Maharashtra University

Don’t worry I will get the North Maharashtra University, PHD Mechanical Engineering program syllabus so that you can check it easily.

Here is the syllabus

UNIT –I : Thermal Science Heat-Transfer: Modes of heat transfer; one dimensional heat conduction, resistance concept, electrical analogy, unsteady heat conduction, fins; dimensionless parameters in free and forced convective heat transfer, various correlations for heat transfer in flow over flat plates and through pipes; thermal boundary layer; effect of turbulence; radiative heat transfer, black and grey surfaces, shape factors, heat exchanger performance, LMTD and NTU methods.

Thermodynamics:
Zeroth, First and Second laws of thermodynamics; thermodynamic system and processes; Carnot cycle. irreversibility and availability; behaviour of ideal and real gases, properties of pure substances, calculation of work and heat in ideal processes

UNIT –II : Fluid Mechanics and Applications of Thermal Science Fluid Mechanics: Fluid properties; fluid statics, manometers, buoyancy; control-volume analysis of mass, momentum and energy; fluid acceleration; differential equations of continuity and momentum; Bernoulli's equation; viscous flow of incompressible fluids; boundary layer; flow through pipes, head losses in pipes, bends etc.

Applications: Power Engineering: Steam Tables, Rankine, Brayton cycles with regeneration and reheat. I.C. Engines: air-standard Otto, Diesel cycles. Refrigeration and air-conditioning: Vapour refrigeration cycle, heat pumps, gas refrigeration, Reverse Brayton cycle; moist air: psychrometric chart, basic psychrometric processes. Turbomachinery: Pelton-wheel, Francis and Kaplan turbines - impulse and reaction principles, velocity diagrams

PHD Mechanical Engineering program syllabus

Address:-
North Maharashtra University
Umavi Nagar, Jalgaon, Maharashtra 425001

Phone:-
0257 225 7250

Last edited by Rajkumar Agarwal; 8th March 2017 at 03:56 PM.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in