2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th April 2015, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

MDU Rohtak MSC

I pursuing MSC. (Geoinformatics) course from Maharshi Dayanand University, (MDU ) Rohtak . I download the syllabus of the course but it not contain 2nd year course syllabus . so will you please provide me MSC. (Geoinformatics) 2nd year course syllabus of MDU Rohtak.
Similar Threads
Thread
MDU Rohtak Rohtak Result
Msc(CS) From MDU Rohtak
BFA from MDU Rohtak
MDU Rohtak-DSW
MCA From MDU Rohtak
B.Ed at MDU Rohtak
MDU DDE Rohtak
SBI MDU Rohtak
LLB MDU Rohtak
MBA From MDU Rohtak
B.Ed From MDU Rohtak
BBA from MDU Rohtak
IIM Rohtak WAT PI
LPU Rohtak
MDU Rohtak New Job
MDU of Rohtak
Phd in Law from MDU Rohtak
BCA From MDU Rohtak
Phd in MDU Rohtak
IIM Rohtak Images IIM Rohtak images IIM Rohtak infusion
15th May 2018, 07:43 AM
Unregistered

Re: MDU Rohtak MSC

Can you provide me the syllabus of M. Sc. (Master in Science) (Previous) Geology Program offered by MDU (Maharshi Dayanand University), Rohtak?
15th May 2018, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

Re: MDU Rohtak MSC

The syllabus of M. Sc. (Master in Science) (Previous) Geology Program offered by MDU (Maharshi Dayanand University), Rohtak is as follows:

M.Sc. (Prev.) - Geology
1st- Semester
Paper-101- Geomorphology (Theory)

UNIT-I
Facts and figures regarding shape and size of the earth Origin of the earth: A general review of all the theories.
Age of the Earth : Modern methods based on disintegration of Uranium, Thorium, Rubidium, Strontium, Potassium and Radiocarbon.
Interior of the Earth : Sources of knowledge, artificial sources, evidences from the theories of origin of earth, natural sources, seismology, density and temperature. Composition and structure of mantle and core

UNIT-II
Isostasy : Definition, developments of idea through Pratt, Airy, Joly, Hayford and Bowie.
Plate Tectonics : Meaning and concept, Plate margin, Plate boundary, Sea floor spreading, Plate motion causes of plate motion. Plate tectonics and Continental drift, Plate tectonics and mountain building

UNIT-III
Mountain Buiding : Orogeny, orogenic cycle, major orogenic periods of the earth. Theories of mountain building : Jolys theory of radioactivity and surface history of the earth; Jeffreys contraction theory; Dalys theory of sliding continents; Kobers geosynclinal theory; Arthur Holmes convection current theory.
Landslide and Crustal displacement : Types of slides, causes and effects of slide, rock falls, rock slides, creep, earth flow and subsidence. Prevention of landslides

UNIT-IV
Continental Drift : Permanence of land and basins. Continental drift : Taylor and Wegners theories. Some recent views and evidences regarding continental drift
Volcano : Volcanic phenomena, theories of volcanism, types of volcanoes, distribution of volcanoes in the world.

References
1. Thornburry, W.D., Principles of Geomorphology- John Wiley
2. Arthur Holmes, Nelson Principles of physical Geology
3. Gupta, R.P., Remote Sensing Geology, Springer Veriag.
4. Pandey, S.N., Principles and Applications of Photogeology Wiley Eastern, New Delhi.
5. Sabbins, F.F.,Remote Sensing- Principles and Applications , Freeman.

Syllabus M. Sc. (Previous) Geology Program MDU Rohtak

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Syllabus M. Sc. (Previous) Geology Program MDU Rohtak.pdf (358.8 KB, 60 views)
26th August 2021, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

Abi b bsc Geology hote h kya mdu me 2021

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in