2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th March 2016, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Re: MDU Old Question Papers for B Tech

The syllabus of B.Tech (Mechanical Engg) 7th & 8th Sem of MDU or Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak is as follows:

ME- 401-F STRENGTH OF MATERIALS-II

SECTION A
Strain Energy & Impact Loading: Definitions, expressions for strain energy stored in a body when load is applied (i) gradually, (ii) suddenly and (iii) with impact, strain energy of beams in bending, beam deflections, strain energy of shafts in twisting, energy methods in determining spring deflection, Castigliano’s & Maxwell’s theorems, Numericals.
Theories of Elastic Failure: Various theories of elastic failures with derivations and graphical
representations, applications to problems of 2- dimensional stress system with (i) Combined direct loading and bending, and (ii) combined torsional and direct loading, Numericals.

SECTION B
Unsymmetrical Bending: Properties of beam cross section, product of inertia, ellipse of inertia, slope of the neutral axis, stresses & deflections, shear center and the flexural axis Numericals.
Thin Walled Vessels : Hoop & Longitudinal stresses & strains in cylindrical & spherical vessels & their derivations under internal pressure, wire would cylinders, Numericals.

SECTION C
Thick Cylinders & Spheres : Derivation of Lame’s equations, radial & hoop stresses and strains in thick, and compound cylinders and spherical shells subjected to internal fluid pressure only, wire wound cylinders, hub shrunk on solid shaft, Numericals.
Rotating Rims & Discs: Stresses in uniform rotating rings & discs, rotating discs of uniform strength, stresses in ( I) rotating rims, neglecting the effect of spokes, (ii) rotating cylinders, hollow cylinders & solids cylinders. Numericals.

SECTION D

Bending of Curved Bars : Stresses in bars of initial large radius of curvature, bars of initial small radius of curvature, stresses in crane hooks, rings of circular & trapezoidal sections, deflection of curved bars & rings, deflection of rings by Castigliano’s theorem stresses in simple chain link, deflection of simple chain links, Problems.
Springs: Stresses in open coiled helical spring subjected to axial loads and twisting couples, leaf springs, flat spiral springs, concentric springs, Numericals.
Syllabus of B.Tech (Mechanical Engg) 7th & 8th Sem

more syllabus detail attached a pdf file;
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Syllabus of B.Tech (Mechanical Engg) 7th & 8th Sem.pdf (64.5 KB, 70 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in