2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th May 2015, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

MDU mobile dwelling unit

My brother is an architect. He is looking for the images of the MDU (Mobile Dwelling Unit) so will you please provide me the link for me where I can get the images of the MDU (Mobile Dwelling Unit)? Also tell me LOT-EK MDU Shipping Container House? Give me the information about Open Architecture Network?
Similar Threads
Thread
IIT Madras Engineering Unit
GA unit result of JNU
CVRU Unit
JNU B Unit Result
DU University KA Unit Result
Unit Trust Of India Unit Scheme 1992
Unit Trust Of India Unit Scheme 1986
Unit Trust of India Goa
IAF Unit 669
ZTM BPD Unit IARI
Engineering Unit IIT Madras
KSEB Price Per Unit
SQC & OR Unit ISI Kolkata
DST Unit On Nanoscience IIT Madras
JNKVV BPD Unit
Result of JNU D Unit
CISF Unit UCIL
IRD Unit IIT Delhi
HPU Unit
EMU Unit UNSW
17th July 2018, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Re: MDU mobile dwelling unit

Hii sir, I Wants to get the Information About the MDU Mobile Dwelling Unit of the LOT-EK Studio ?
17th July 2018, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Re: MDU mobile dwelling unit

LOT-EK is an award-winning architectural design studio based in New York and Naples, Italy. Founded in 1993 by Ada Tolla and Giuseppe Lignano, LOT-EK has been involved with commercial, institutional and residential projects globally. In addition, LOT-EK has conceived and executed exhibition design and site-specific installation

The Information About the MDU - Mobile Dwelling Unit is given below

MDU - Mobile Dwelling Unit
One shipping container is transformed into a Mobile Dwelling Unit. Cuts in the metal walls of the container generate extruded sub-volumes, each encapsulating one living, working or storage function. When traveling, these sub-volumes are pushed in, filling the entire container. They then interlock with each other, leaving the outer skin of the container flush to allow worldwide standard shipping.

When in use, all sub-volumes are pushed out, leaving the interior of the container completely unobstructed with all functions accessible along its sides. T

he interior of the container and the sub-volumes are fabricated entirely out of plywood and plastic coated plywood, including all fixtures and furnishings.

The MDU was originally conceived for individuals constantly moving around the globe.

The MDU travels with its dweller to the next long term destination, fitted with all live/work equipment and filled with the dwellers belongings. However, it is easily configured for permanent residency.

Contact Information :
LOT-EK
181 Chrystie Street #2
New York, NY 10002
+1 (212) 255-9326

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in