2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th June 2018, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Re: MDU Human Resources

I am pursuing MBA Program from Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU), Rohtak. I am in 1st Semester of this Program. I need detailed syllabus of Human Resource Management Subject of 1st Semester MBA Program. So tell me from where I can find detailed syllabus of Human Resource Management Subject of MBA Program of Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU), Rohtak?
6th June 2018, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Re: MDU Human Resources

As you are looking for detailed syllabus of Human Resource Management Subject of 1st Semester MBA Program of Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU), Rohtak, so here is complete syllabus:

MDU Rohtak MBA 1st Semester Human Resource Management Syllabus:

Unit-I:

Strategic importance of HRM; objectives of HRM; challenges to HR professionals; role, responsibilities and competencies of HR professionals; HR department operations; human resource planning objectives and process; human resource information system

Unit-II
Talent acquisition: recruitment and selection strategies, career planning and management, succession planning, socialization and induction of new employees; training and development, investment in training, training need assessment, designing and administering training programme; executive development programme, evaluation of T & D programme

Unit-III
Appraising performance: developing and instituting performance appraisal system, assessment and development centres, potential appraisal; rewarding performance: linking rewards to organizational objectives, determine compensation structure, pay for performance and incentive plans, ESOP, executive compensation, designing and administering benefits and services

Unit-IV
HR in knowledge era: HR in knowledge industry, HR in virtual organizations, HR in mergers and acquisitions, outplacement, outsourcing HR functions, employee leasing, HR audit, international HRM

I am giving detailed syllabus of other subjects of MBA 1st Semester Program for your reference:

MDU Rohtal MBA 1st Semester Syllabus:

BUSINESS RESEARCH METHODS
Unit-I

Business research; its concept, nature, scope, need and managerial value of business research; components of theory definitions, concepts, constructs, variables, hypothesis, process of research and structure of research proposal.

Unit-II
Research design concept and types exploratory, descriptive, diagnostic and experimental; sampling design; techniques, factors influencing sample size, measurement concept, measurement scales types and construction of scales and reliability and validity aspects in measurement.

Unit-III
Methods of data collection questionnaire/schedule; questionnaire designing, interview and observational methods; data analysis and interpretation, editing, coding, content analysis and tabulation; hypothesis testing an overview of parametric and non-parametric tests (Analysis of Variance, X test, Wilcoxon Matched pairs signed rank test, Mann Whitney test, Kruskal Wallis H-test).

Unit-IV
An overview of dependent and interdependent methods (multiple regression, discriminant analysis, conjoint analysis, factor analysis, cluster analysis); ingredients and constructions of research report; procedure of preparation of reference and bibliography.

COMPUTER NETWORKS AND INTERNET
Unit-I

Introduction to Internet: Definition of networks, concepts of web page, website and web searching (browsing). Concepts of data transmission, half-duplex transmission, modems, client server computing, Introduction to OSI, TCP/IP reference models, cryptography.

Unit-II
Networked economy; Impact of computer networks on business, elements of networked economy, using IS functions to deal with business risks. Infrastructure of networked economy; Hardware, Software, sharing information and resources through networks, LAN WAN, and wireless networks,

Unit-III
Privacy and ethical issues in networked economy; treats to privacy, protecting privacy, ethical issues in networked economy, social and economic issues in networked economy, health issues in networked economy, future of the networked economy.

Unit-IV
HTML: Build a simple HTML document, tables, frames, links, adding multimedia documents, home page. Applications of networks in information sharing and dissemination: applications in banking, e-governance, ticket reservation etc.

Lab: Web Designing in HTML, Internet Surfing.

MARKETING MANAGEMENT
Unit -I

Nature and scope of marketing: corporate orientation towards marketplace; building and delivering customer value and satisfaction; retaining customers; marketing environment; marketing research and information system.

Unit -II
Analyzing consumer markets and buyer behaviour; analyzing business markets and business buying behaviour; market segmentation, positioning and targeting; tools of product differentiation; marketing strategies in the different stage of the product life cycle

Unit -III
New product development process; product mix and product line decisions; branding and packaging decisions; pricing strategies and programmes; managing marketing channels; wholesaling and retailing.

Unit -IV
Advertising and sales promotion; public relations; personal selling; evaluation and control of marketing effort; web marketing; green marketing; reasons for and benefits of going international; entry strategies in international marketing.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MDU Rohtak MBA 1st Semester Syllabus.pdf (990.6 KB, 110 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in