2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th February 2016, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

MD Format

Hello sir, I am Nitin Sharma. I am from New York. I want you to help me by providing me some information about the Markdown language format. Give me some examples for it.
Similar Threads
Thread
Elitmus Format
IIT Delhi NOC Format
IIT JEE Format
Format of GRE
New GRE Format
APA Format for MBA
MBA Format
MBA CV Format Doc
MBA Paper Format
Essay Format For MBA
KCET Format
GRE CBT Format
CV Format for CA
Format of CV
SBI PO Format
JEE Advanced Format
Format of SBI PO exam
RBI KYC Format
ESI Form 5 Format
IIT JEE New format
26th February 2016, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Re: MD Format

Markdown is a lightweight mark-up language with plain text formatting syntax designed so that it can be converted to HTML and many other formats using a tool by the same name.
Markdown is often used to format readme files, for writing messages in online discussion forums, and to create rich text using a plain text editor.
There is no clearly defined Markdown standard, apart from the original write up and implementation by John Gruber, which some consider abandon ware.
This has led to fragmentation as different vendors write their own variants of the language to correct flaws or add missing feature.
A standards effort for the Internet media type text/markdown (independent of the syntax) is underway in the IETF.
Plans are to submit the Internet-Draft, draft-ietf-appsawg-text-markdown to the IESG.
The Markdown community is invited to submit use cases for Markdown to inform the media type standardization process.
A number of other lightweight markup languages extend Markdown by adding features (such as tables, footnotes, definition lists, and Markdown inside HTML blocks) not available in plain Markdown syntax.
Among these are Markdown Extra, Multi Markdown, and the Pandoc Markdown extension.
Example

text using Markdown syntax

Heading
=======

Sub-heading
-----------

### Another deeper heading

Paragraphs are separated
by a blank line.

Leave 2 spaces at the end of a line to do a
line break

Text attributes *italic*, **bold**,