2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th March 2016, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Mca vs mba

Hello sir, I am Pappu Gandhi. I am from Delhi. I want you to help me by giving me some information about the difference between Master of Computer Application (MCA) Course and Master of Business Administration (MBA) course. Can you help me?
19th March 2016, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Mca vs mba

As you have asked about the difference between Master of Computer Application (MCA) Course and Master of Business Administration (MBA) course, I am giving you information about it
MCA

The Master of computer Applications is a course that is related to Computer applications.
Students who have done their BCA or any graduate degree can apply for this program.
Studying this course will ensure that the student has an opportunity to augment his individual quality in creating software designs.
It is a 2 year post graduate course similar to MBA though the focus in this course is more on computers and their applications in the industry.

MBA

The Master of Business Administration (MBA) delivers an individual a broad range of education as well as management skills.
These skills will turn out to be beneficial for students in their long run.
This managerial field of study will help one know more about administration through study as well as surveillance of the current market.

The course is divided into two years where the first year is devoted to wide ranging subjects such as accounting, economics, project management, human resources, planning and strategy, marketing, operations management and so on.
Students pursue a specialized curriculum in the final year depending upon their chosen field of study. There has been a huge demand for MBA’s in the industry in all sectors of the economy such as manufacturing, banking, travel and transport, telecommunications and even service based industries.

Comparison:
Though both MBA and MCA offer great career opportunities, they are different in nature and scope.

While an MBA has a broader scope having to fulfill the responsibilities at the managerial levels, MCA is more of a techie concerned with the information systems and how to make the best possible use of the latest technologies.

If you are more of a tech geek, an MCA is better for you, but if you have the gift of doing well as a team member and leader and manage people well, an MBA might be a better option for you

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in