2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

16th December 2014, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

MBBS in France Information

I want to do MBBS from France or Germany so please give me all important information about course?
Similar Threads
Thread
AMU University France
France MBA
AMU MBBS Information
1 Year MBA France
CSIO France
MBA reims france
France MBA Universities
Citibank France
INSEAD France
France Universities
Meilleur MBA France
Information Brochure of AMU MBBS
France MBA
MBA in France
France MBA Ranking
MBA nice france
MBA in france
Faire un MBA en france
Le Baou France
Eads HQ/SSC France
16th December 2014, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Re: MBBS in France Information

Medical universities of France have been following the age old and highly renowned medical tradition for long which is well recognized internationally.

Universities have good teaching methodologies and state-of-art infrastructure for students. France is home to some of the great Nobel Prize winners who have contributed a lot in medical field.

The discovery of the genetic cause of Down syndrome to Hepatitis B vaccine was pass outs from French Medical institutes have been working continuously to serve the mankind.

The physicians trained from French institutes working in various other sectors like research, pharmaceuticals, analytical laboratories, education, armed services emergency services as well as humanitarian organizations.

Duration of the general medical degree program in French universities: 9 years.

Duration of specialization: 1-2 years more in studies.

The medical studies in France are divided into following 3 stages known as cycles:

First cycle:
The first cycle comprises of two years. The first year of medical education includes a common curriculum for all four medicine programs that are followings:
Medicine
Dental surgery
Pharmacy
Midwifery

The first year includes the study of basic sciences that are chemistry, biology, embryology and histology.

It also includes imparting education to the students about the functional aspects of the organization of systems and mechanisms.

The course takes on other following areas of study:
Morphological aspects
Humanities
Social sciences
Pharmacology studies

At the end of first year, the students have to undergo an exam which determines their eligibility to continue the course in second year or not.

Second cycle:
The second cycle lasts for four years. In the first year of second cycle, the students are introduced to new following disciplines:
Clinical semiology
Medical imaging
Foreign languages
Computer science
Law

In the second, third and fourth year of the second cycle, the students have to undergo training in a hospital setting.

There are annual examinations conducted at the end of each year.

The students receive a fixed amount of salary during this tenure, being the contract employees of the hospital group.

Third cycle:
In the third cycle, the student has to study general medicine and other specialties so as to obtain the degree.

It includes internship which varies from kind of specialization. While internship in general medicine lasts for three years and an extra 6 month placement with a practitioner, those going for other specializations have to undergo internship lasting for four to five years.

French Language Mandatory:
A student before taking admission to any medical program must be proficient in French language at level B2 because all medicine courses in France are taught in French.
3rd March 2016, 08:06 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I am Manish yadav. I want to become a doctor but I want to do my MBBS from France. I want you to help me by providing me some information regarding the MBBS in France?
3rd March 2016, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Medical universities of France have been continuing the age old and highly well-known medical tradition for long which is well recognized internationally. The universities are also known for their teaching practices and state-of-art infrastructure..

The doctors trained from French institutes aren’t only working in hospitals but even in other sectors like research, pharmaceuticals, analytical laboratories, education, armed services emergency services as well as humanitarian organizations.

The period of the general medical degree program in French universities is about nine years. For specialization, a candidate has to put 1-2 years more in studies. The medical studies in France are distributed into three stages known as cycles.

The first cycle comprises of 2 years. The first year of medical education includes a common curriculum for all four medicine programs that are medicine, dental surgery, pharmacy and midwifery. The first year comprises the study of basic sciences that are chemistry, biology, embryology and histology. It also comprises imparting education to the students about the functional aspects of the organization of systems and mechanisms. The course takes on further areas of study like morphological aspects, humanities and social sciences as well as pharmacology studies. At the end of first year, the students have to experience an exam which determines their suitability to continue the course in second year or not. Also, the number of second year admissions lies in the influences of university authorities and also depends on one’s place in the ranking system.

The second cycle lasts for 4 years. In the first year of second cycle, the students are familiarised to new disciplines like clinical semiology, medical imaging and foreign languages, computer science and law. In the second, third and 4th year of the second cycle, the students have to undergo training in a hospital setting. There are yearly examinations conducted at the end of each year. The students receive a fixed amount of salary during this tenure, being the contract employees of the hospital group. There is a nationally ranked examination which offers access to specialty and the student can choose the same depending on his rank obtained.

In the third cycle, the candidate has to study general medicine and other specialties so as to obtain the degree. It comprises internship which varies from kind of specialization. While medical training in general medicine lasts for 3 years and an extra six month placement with a practitioner, those going for other specializations have to undergo internship lasting for 4 to 5 years.

French Language Requirement:
A student before taking admission to any medical program must be proficient in French language at level B2 because all medicine courses in France are taught in French.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in