2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

15th February 2016, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Mba vs prm

I have completed my graduation and want to pursue higher education want to know about the MBA Vs PRM course. Will you please provide me details of MBA and PRM course also provide me list of pros and cons of these two courses so that I can plan to choose any one course?
15th February 2016, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Mba vs prm

About MBA:

Master of Business Administration (MBA)

An internationally-recognized degree, MBA is designed to equip the learner with business and management skills.

The MBA degree works not only in the business sector but in the government, public sector and private business as well.

Pursuing MBA is about learning various core subjects as their applicability is expansive.

Few Pros and Cons

They are:
PROS

Helps to gain “soft skills” useful in management
Develop better networking skills
Widely recognized even outside finance oeuvre
Access to consulting firms, banks and other financial or non-financial companies

CONS

Requires leaving full-time job for 2 years
Very expensive, leaving learners in debt

MBA Course Requirements

It is a typically 2-year full-time study program; however, in the last couple of years, a lot of institutions started offering part-time study options too.

About Financial Risk Manager (FRM) or PRM (Professional Risk Manager)

The Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) offers the international professional certification called, Financial Risk Manager (FRM).

A person with FRM certification specializes in financial risk management in global and domestic scenarios.

The FRM certification program follows the four major strategic disciplines of risk management, which are credit risk, operational risk, investment management and market risk.

They are:
PROS

Demonstrating high value skill set in a niche segment.
Ability to display risk management skills to employers.
Access to the elite group of risk management professionals around the world.
Better salary than other finance professionals.

CONS

2-year mandatory work experience requirement.
Difficultly level higher than PRM and CFA exams.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in