2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

12th February 2016, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

MBA vs M FIN

hii sir, I completed my graduation now I move forward to do masters will you please suggest me which is better either MBA of M Aster of finance ?
12th February 2016, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Re: MBA vs M FIN

According to me both are good opting one of from MBA or Master of finance is based on what career field you may opt if you start your career in finance you may go for the finance or if you choose another career in Management as Marketing Hujman resource Hotel Management then you may go for the MBA

the basic difference is between the MBA or Master of finance is MBA equips students with broader skills and knowledge in business and helps graduates apply them in many different areas.
On the other hand, Master of Finance programs are more finance-specific

Career options :

Master of Finance students prepare for careers in trading and principal investments by taking courses like
capital markets,
economics,
investment management
financial strategy

on the other hand MBA has a broad career opportunity including the all fields of Management

Some other differences between the MBA or MF are as follow:
1) Master of Finance degrees take less time than US-style MBA programs (Roughly 1 year for the MS Finance vs. 2 academic years for the MBA)

2) The Master of Finance degree will have much lower work experience requirements than a high cluster MBA program (many MS Finance programs have no work requirement at all)

3) The Master of Finance will place far less emphasis on leadership or leadership potential than the typical "high cluster" MBA

4) The Master of Finance will tend to be far more specialized than even MBA programs that allow students to develop a "track" or "specialization"

5) Quantiative skillls are even more highly prized in Masters of Finance programs than in the typical MBA program

6) It is generally more difficult to find comprehensive employment data for MS Finance graduates

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in