2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th March 2016, 08:13 AM
Unregistered

Mba toefl

Hello sir, I am Niranjan Shah. I am from Mumbai. I want you to help me by giving me some information about the importance of TOEFL (Test Of English as Foreign Language) for admission to various MBA programmes and its exam format. Can you help me?
Similar Threads
Thread
Toefl msr
Ntc toefl
Jhu toefl
Toefl jr
TOEFL For USA
Awe toefl
Toefl or sat
Kcl toefl
TOEFL About
ETS And TOEFL
Toefl mba usa
100 At TOEFL
Toefl cna
Dtu toefl
Twe toefl
Toefl ibt mba
Mba hbs toefl
Toefl mba usa
TOEFL For MBA In US
TOEFL and GRE score required in Ph.D. and TOEFL Coaching
18th March 2016, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Mba toefl

As you have asked about the importance of TOEFL (Test Of English as Foreign Language) for admission to various MBA programmes and its exam format, I am giving you information about it
The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is the world's most popular English-language test.

The test is designed to show whether or not an applicant has the necessary English-language skills for effective communication in an academic environment.

International prospective students must take a test of English to certify their level as non-native English speakers.

The TOEFL is the most required and recognized test.
TOEFL scores are therefore used by many MBA and Master programs as a part of the admissions process.
That is why it should not be underestimated.

The TOEFL test is graded on a 0 to 120 range.
The score determines your level of English, so you cannot fail on the TOEFL.
Generally, Masters and MBA programs will require a proficiency level of English ranging from 95 to 110 points.

TOEFL Format
The TOEFL iBT is made up of four sections and a mandatory break after the listening section:
Reading Section
Activity: Answering questions based on excerpts from academic texts
Time limit: 60-80 minutes
Number of questions: 36-56

Listening Section
Activity: Answering questions based on lectures, classroom discussions and conversations delivered over a headset
Time limit: 60-90 minutes
Number of questions: 34 to 51

Speaking Section
Activity: Expressing an opinion on a familiar topic, speaking based on reading and listening tasks

Time limit: 20 minutes
Number of tasks: 6
Recording method

Writing Section
Activity: Writing essays in response to reading and listening tasks, supporting your opinion in writing.
Time limit: 50 minutes

Number of tasks: 2

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in