2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd November 2015, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

MBA And MS

I have completed my UG degree and want to pursue higher education but confused which one to join MBA or MS. Will you please provide me difference between both MBA And MS and provide me lists of Top Colleges for doing this MBA-M.S. Dual Degree?
23rd November 2015, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Re: MBA And MS

Those who want to pursue graduate studies and economics of business have a number of degree options.

A Master of Science or an M.S, is an academic degree which is typically offered by the university's college of arts and sciences and a Master of Business Administration, or MBA, is a professional degree offered by the school of business.

The Master of Science degree emphasizes theory while the MBA emphasizes the application of theory to the real world of business.

Master of Science

Different universities offer you various Master of Science degree options. For example, the same department may offer you the choice of a Master of Science in finance, economics or business.

Because a Master of Science degree is focused on preparing students for a career in research.

MBA

Different schools of business offer students different MBA options. The traditional MBA program is a two-year program of approximately 50 to 56 credit hours.

The Master of Science degree is theoretical and academic, and it prepares students for careers in research and policy. The MBA, on the other hand, is an applied degree, which prepares graduates for careers in management.

Top Colleges for MBA-M.S. Dual Degree:

MBA Dual Degrees with MBA + MS are comparatively new kind of program in India. These dual degree courses are also known as Twinning Programs as there are two institutions granting degrees.

1 Amrita School of Business, Bengaluru offers a unique collaborative Twinning Program, the MBA-MS.

Those who aspire to do MBA - MS Program offered jointly by Amrita School of Business, Bengaluru and State University of New York, should have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the Secondary/Higher Secondary/Pre-degree examinations

2 Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar has a similar program, which offers students two choices at the end of Year I: i) Join partner/receiving university abroad for the completion of program; or ii) Complete the program at LPU without any international exposure.

3 At Christ University, one of the premier institutes in Bangalore, PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) is offered by the University in collaboration with FHWS in Germany which adds the MBA certification.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in