2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th December 2015, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

MBA losing its luster

Hello sir I want to the reasons of decreasing in the luster of MBA courses in India so please provide me information about this.
Similar Threads
Thread
IAF Losing Edge Over PAF
After losing I-Card How to find my roll number
How Check SBI PO Results Losing Roll Number
5th December 2015, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Re: MBA losing its luster

A few years ago, it was boom time in India so career opportunities for MBA Aspirants was high but as the economy in India decreases, demand for MBA is also downs.

Reason for MBA Downfall

Low-quality management institutes proliferated across the country, often churning out unemployable graduates.

During the course, MBA students were receiving multiple job offers with the promise of high package even before they graduated, which in turn fuelled demand for management degrees.

Compared with the west, the Indian market for business education has a very small number of premier institutions.

While highly regarded colleges such as the Indian School of Business and the 13 Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) remain oversubscribed and place most of their students, poorer-quality institution

Effects of MBA Downfall

More than 160 management schools have shut down in India in the past two academic years, according to the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)

AICTE estimates there are now 400,000 seats at management schools across the country but one in eight lies empty every year, forcing unprofitable schools to close.

There is a huge demand in India for higher education but that demand-supply gap is for quality, higher education.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in