2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th August 2014, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Re: MBA Graduates Eligible To Join Indian Army

Yes definitely you are eligible to join Indian Army.

It will happen only if you apply for the CDS ( Common Defence Service ) Examination and Graduate non UPSC Entry scheme examination .
Aspirants are a unmarried male than you can apply for the CDS examination in order to enter in the Indian military academy and if you are male or female .
Aspirants can apply for the Graduate non UPSC Entry scheme examination .

Now the CDS Examination are conducted twice by the UPSC Government twice a year .
And the Graduate non UPSC Entry scheme examination are conducted by the Indian Army .

Eligibility criteria for applying the CDS Examination to join in the IMA are-:
Aspirants must be a citizen of India or a type of refugee who had permanently settled in India .
Aspirants must be an unmarried male candidate .
Aspirants want to join in the IMA( Indian Military academy ) - You should be an Unmarried male candidate.
and should have an Degree from a recognised University or equivalent .

Eligibility criteria for applying the Graduate non UPSC Examination are -:
Age of the candidate must be between 19 and 25 years .
Aspirants must have a Graduation and passed it with 50% of marks or should be in the final year and should have a 2 Years service in NCC Senior Division Army with minimum 'B' Grade in 'C' Certificate Examination .
Aspirants must be an Unmarried or married male candidate
17th December 2015, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Jobs in Indian Army after completing my MBA degree, please guide me as I would like to avail the opportunity if possible?
17th December 2015, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Yes definitely you can join Indian Army after completing MBA which is a PG course however one need to follow certain process by which one can join in Indian Army with this qualification is that you need to qualify in the entrance exam.

The entrance exam which you one opt for joining in Indian Army is CDS Exam

This exam is conducted for aspirants to join in defence sector and is being conducted by UPSC every year.

This exam is held as CDS I and CDS II respectively.

For applying for this exam there are certain criteria which one needs to possess in order to apply for the exam and the details regarding them are mentioned below for reference:

Nationality:

The aspirant applying for the exam must have a citizenship in India

Martial Status:

The exam can be only written by aspirants who are unmarried male candidate.

Age Limit:

The age limit framed for the exam for joining in Indian Army is that the aspirant must be between 19-24 years of age.

Education qualification:

Aspirant applying for the exam for joining in Indian Army must have completed a degree from a acknowledged university with a fair percentage.

Physical Standard:

You need to be physically fit and the information concerning it is mentioned in the advertisement published by the Indian Army as it varies according to the positions.

If you tend to satisfy the conditions, then you can apply for the CDS Exam.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in