2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

17th November 2014, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Re: MBA First Sem Exam Question Paper

Here I am providing the information regarding the MBA First Sem Question Paper for your idea.

Max. Marks: 75

Time Allowed:3 hrs.

1st November 2015, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir I want to known about the first semester statistics and management Anna university question paper along woth the syllabus please give me detail for the same?
1st November 2015, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

As you want to known about the question paper of the first semester anna university statistics and management course , here is the detail of it

Here is the syllabus of Statistics for management mba 1st semester

UNIT I INTRODUCTION
Statistics – Definition, Types. Types of variables – Organising data - Descriptive Measures. Basic definitions and rules for probability, conditional probability independence of events, Baye’s theorem, and random variables, Probability distributions: Binomial, Poisson, Uniform and Normal distributions.

UNIT II SAMPLING DISTRIBUTION AND ESTIMATION
Introduction to sampling distributions, sampling distribution of mean and proportion, application of central limit theorem, sampling techniques. Estimation: Point and Interval estimates for population parameters of large sample and small samples, determining the sample size.

UNIT III TESTING OF HYPOTHESIS - PARAMETIRC TESTS
Hypothesis testing: one sample and two sample tests for means and proportions of large samples (z-test), one sample and two sample tests for means of small samples (t-test), F-test for two sample standard deviations. ANOVA one and two way.

UNIT IV NON-PARAMETRIC TESTS
Chi-square test for single sample standard deviation. Chi-square tests for independence of
attributes and goodness of fit. Sign test for paired data. Rank sum test. Kolmogorov-Smirnov – test for goodness of fit, comparing two populations. Mann – Whitney U test and Kruskal Wallis test. One sample run test, rank correlation.

UNIT V CORRELATION, REGRESSION AND TIME SERIES ANALYSIS
Correlation analysis, estimation of regression line. Time series analysis: Variations in time series,trend analysis, cyclical variations, seasonal variations and irregular variations, forecasting errors.

Statistics for management Anna university MBA paper

29th February 2016, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I am R Akhil I am pursuing MBA from Karnataka state open university. I am in 1st semester. I want you to provide me the MBA First Sem Exam Question Paper of managerial economics?
29th February 2016, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

As you have asked about the MBA 1st semester exam question paper of Karnataka state open university, I am giving you information regarding it

MANAGEMENT THEORY AND PRACTICE

1. Answer all the sub-questions. Each sub-question carries two marks.

SECTION - A

(5X2=10)
a) What is MBO?
b) Define the word planning.
c) What do you mean by functional organization?
d) What is meant by graprevine?
e) What are business ethics?
SECTION – B

Answer any two questions. Each question carries 10 marks. (2X10=20)
2. Briefly explain the contribution of F.W.Taylor to the world of management.
3. Define forecasting. Explain different forecasting techniques.
4. What do you understand by organizing? What are the important principles of a sound organizing?
5. What are the common barriers to communication in an organization? How can these be overcome?

SECTION - C

Answer any three questions. Each question carries 15 marks. (3X15=45)
6. Critically examine the social responsibilities of business organizations in a contemporary environment.
7. What is decision making? Contrast programmed and non-programmed decisions and give examples of each.
8. Why was the trait approach a logical attempt to understand leadership? What did trait studies reveal about leadership?
9. Define the word motivation. Explain any of the motivation theories.
10. Why control is needed? Discuss the steps in the control process.
11. What is information and why is it important to effective managerial planning, decision making and control?

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in