2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th December 2012, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Re: MBA entrance PU

Hello
The Punjab university gives admission to the student on the basis of the CAT 2013 examination conducted by IIMS

I am also providing you the syllabus of the MBA course admission test

Quantitative Ability:
1. Probability
2. Trigonometry
3. Complex Numbers
4. Functions
5. Averages
6. Linear Equations
7. Profit and Loss
8. Inequalities
9. Quadratic Equations
10. Ratio and Proportion
11. Logarithm
12. Co-ordinate Geometry
13. Progressions
14. Number Systems
15. Surds and Indices

Data Interpretation
1. Pie Chart
2. Line charts
3. Column graphs
4. Bar Graphs
5. Tables
6. Venn diagram

Logical Reasoning
1. Seating Arrangement
2. Binary Logic
3. Cubes
4. Logical Matching
5. Blood Relations
6. Syllogism
7. Number and Letter Series
8. Calendars
9. Logical Sequence
10. Clocks

At this time the admission form line is closed so you can attain the next examination of CAT

I hope you will be satisfied from my answer if you have any problem regarding to it or any other thing then feel free to asked me I will help you out
Best of luck for your future
9th December 2015, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria & selection process for admission to the MBA program offered at Punjab University?
9th December 2015, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

The eligibility criteria & selection process for admission to the MBA program offered at Punjab University is given below:

Minimum Eligibility Criteria

i) A Bachelor's Degree in any regulation of the University or a degree of any other University which has been acknowledged by the Syndicate as corresponding thereto with not less than 50% marks in the aggregate
Provided that in the case of applicants having Bachelor's degree of the University through Modern Indian Languages (Hindi/Urdu/Punjabi (Gurmukhi script) and/or in a Classical Language (Sanskrit/Persian/Arabic) or degree level of education from any other University obtained in the same manner documented by the Syndicate, 50% marks in the aggregate shall be calculated by taking into account full percentage of marks in all the papers in Language excluding the additional optional paper, English and the elective subject taken together (or);

ii) A pass in the concluding exam conducted by the (a) Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, or (b) Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England, or (c) Institute of Company Secretaries of India (or);

iii) AMIE Examination with 50% scores or more after having passed the diploma examination with 60% scores or higher than and have at least 5 years research/teaching or professional experience and;
b) Minimum of 10% score (5% in case of SC/ST/BC candidates) in each section of the Common Admission Test (CAT) viz., quantitative, logic & data interpretation, and verbal and/or any other component which may be added later at any stage to the CAT

Admission Process for the MBA Program:

Admission for these courses will be made on the basis of worth determined by scores of the applicants in Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by IIMs, followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD & PI)

All applicants wishing to apply for MBA Programmes at UBS must take Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by IIMs

Selection Process

The weightage for CAT, Group Discussion and Personal Interview for preparing the ultimate Merit List for admission will be as follows:

Written Test (CAT): 85% of CAT Score

Group Discussion (GD): 7.5%

Personal Interview (PI): 7.5%

Address:

Punjab University Chandigarh (India),
Chandigarh-160014,
Tel No.: +91 - (0172) 2534701, 2534702,
Email: arubs@pu.ac.in

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in