2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th November 2015, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

MBA Achievement Essay

I am preparing a MBA Achievement Essay so can you please tell me provide me the sample MBA Achievement Essays to know the format of it?
Similar Threads
Thread
MBA HBS Essay
Stanford Achievement Test and Scholastic Aptitude Test
Essay MBA
MIT Essay
MBA Achievement Test
Business Essay
Essay Argument
MBA Essay Writing
UNC MBA essay
UCB MBA Essay
MBA Essay
MBA Essay Why MBA
Ucb MBA essay
Why MBA now essay
IAS essay
MBA Essay
Essay Topics For SSC
Essay for SSC
Director Of The Institutes For The Achievement Of Human Potential
How to MBA Essay
6th November 2015, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Re: MBA Achievement Essay

Achievements provide opportunities to review past events and bring forward one`s strengths and abilities. This MBA admission essay provides a good theme for you to write about your achievements and strengths.

Sample MBA Achievement Essay

MBA Achievement Essay Example 1

Saving Lives

Four years of intense training led to this moment, and I knew what to do without thinking. As squad commander in the elite Air Force Commando Unit, I served my country during a war. I received notice that a platoon of 50 soldiers was under heavy attack, and my squad had to save them.

I had ten minutes to process the situation, devise a plan, assign tasks, communicate status to superiors, and make life-and-death decisions. We had exactly sixty seconds to execute the mission with complete precision. Bullets sailing overhead, my mind was completely focused on leading my brave men and saving the trapped soldiers.

I felt the full weight of the situation only after all soldiers were safe and able to return home to their families.

As a squad leader for three years, I often had to get my men out of dangerous situations. Planning a mission to save so many lives during wartime made this experience the most substantial in my military service.

Creating Synergy

Flying to Microsoft Headquarters, I couldn’t believe my luck! Selected as lead developer on the Microsoft Unified Communications Sync Server project, I convinced my manager to permit me to initiate collaboration with our American counterparts and persuaded a senior colleague in Washington that working with us would benefit his product.

When I first got the assignment, I knew that working with Americans could add significant insight to our development. A history of failed collaborations by senior marketing managers made my managers reluctant to approve the plan of a junior engineer like me. Undeterred, I reached across two continents and ten Microsoft ranks and convinced a senior software architect in Redmond that working with us would develop their product while stabilizing ours. Everyone finally agreed, and I went to lead the collaboration in December 2007.

In Redmond, I established relationships transcending this project, aligning both teams’ development processes and paving the way for future joint ventures.

This accomplishment gave me international experience and exposure to senior colleagues at an early stage in my career. That the partnership benefited both people and products makes it my most substantial contribution in a professional situation.

Validating My Vision

Leading a software development team to overcome obstacles and build a floral service website is an accomplishment that confirmed that creating state-of-the-art consumer products was what I wanted to do with my life.

After a month of work on our final computer science project at the University, we discovered we were going in the wrong direction. We were frustrated, but nothing gets me going like a challenge. I had a plan, and I knew I had to lead by example to motivate the group. I was always the first one in the lab and never the first to leave. I constantly improved my own task, the graphical user interface, demonstrating that I required the same commitment from myself I asked of them. Each time we met, I focused on one of the guys with a smile on his face and leveraged the opportunity by making him an ally to help me get the others motivated. I even stressed the fact that this project gave us experience with new technology that would be very beneficial in upcoming job interviews.

My team chose me to present the final project. We got a perfect score, but I received something even more substantial: a vision of my professional future.

MBA Achievement Essay Example 2

I have always had a burning desire to create music. One day, I decided to form a band the likes of which had never been seen in my country. I would be singer and lead guitar. I brought together a group of five musicians to form a unique multi-cultural rock band. My colleagues and I named our band ‘Koridon’, which means “poet” in ancient Greek.

As the plan entered reality, of course, I had to make some compromises; I did get the role of lead guitar, but I learned I was a better manager than singer. Koridon assembled every Friday morning for a five hour rehearsal. It was my job to ensure that everyone shows up on time, and with musicians that’s not an easy job!

After a year of rehearsing we started giving concerts. We recorded a five-song demo album. When I heard that the local radio station was holding a ‘Battle of the Bands’ competition, I promptly sent them one of the songs.
We were thrilled when we got the news that out of 100 competing bands, Koridon was one of 5 that made it to the finals!
The final competition took place during a live broadcast on the local radio. Three professional musicians acted as judges, and the radio listeners voted for their favorites. Koridon won First Prize!

I plan to have many much larger-scale achievements in the future, but this moment of local fame will forever hold a special place in my heart.

I think it will definitely help you.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in