2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th August 2014, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Maharashtra SSC question paper

Here is the Maharashtra SSC question paper:

Q.1. (A) Read and understand the following passage and complete the activities given below. [10]
In the book Anirudh’s dream, the reader is transported to the mist-clad mountains
surrounding Khadakvasla dam near Pune. The initial part of the adventure is set in the
sprawling and green campus of National Defence Academy (NDA). The author is successful
in recreating the charm and spirit of a rainy day on the Khadakvasla lake beautifully. There is
action, emotion, courage, presence of mind and friendship that are depicted in this tale of
adventure. After the initial sail boat race at Khadakvasla, the scene shifts to the mountain
forts of Sahyadri with a bit of Shivaji Maharaj’s history added to the trekking adventure. The
observations of the author pertaining to the flora, fauna and culture of the place are very
minute. Dialogues throughout the book are lively. Suddenly there is a twist in the storyline
and the characters and locations change in flashback that is shown as a dream sequence. The
reader is transported back to the old world colonial charm of Mumbai and its surroundings
that were teeming with greenery and wildlife in those times (probably 150 years ago). The
main protagonist − Anirudh (Irfan in the dream sequence, which sounds like the past birth of
Anirudh) is a mixed personality, daring in some situations and afraid in others. His band of
friends completes a youthful spirit of adventure.

Questions:
1. Complete the following statements with the correct responses: [2]
i. The initial part of the adventure is set in the sprawling and green campus of ________.
ii. The author is successful in recreating the charm and the spirit of a rainy day on the
_________ lake beautifully.
iii. There is action, emotion, courage, presence of mind and _________ that are depicted in
this tale of adventure.
iv. The reader is transported back to the old world _________ charm of Mumbai.
2. Complete the following web describing the book ‘Anirudh’s dream’ as a tale of adventure: [2]
Anirudh’s dream
as a tale of adventure
3. Read the passage and find out words of similar meaning: [2]
i. change ii. animals
iii. daring experience iv. reconstructing
4. Frame two sentences of your own using ‘after’ and ‘back’. [2]
5. Do you like trekking? Why? [2]

(B) Read and understand the following passage and complete the activities given below. [10]
The next morning was unnaturally uneventful. We lazed around all day, my sister
watching cartoons on the idiot box and I reading a Jeffrey Archer. Throughout, my mind kept
wandering back to that morning.
At around noon, Grandma left home with my sister in town, to buy vegetables. The
moment the door banged shut, Grandpa abandoned his newspaper, and called me to his room.
“Beta”, he called out, “help me with these… sort these papers out. One-Side-used over here,
both-sides-used here, and blank papers here.” The work was easy, but time-consuming.
“What are you going to do with these, Grandpa?” I asked him, trying my best to sound
non-accusatory.
“These computer people don’t respect paper. Everyday, they throw away all these
sheets. They’ve given me the keys to open the gate for the sweeper when he comes at 6 am.
He takes and gives them to the kabadiwala, who disposes them carelessly. So, instead, I do
half his job for him.”
I was amazed by how much importance he was giving to such a trivial matter.
Everyday, my friends and I would waste hundreds of sheets at the drop of a hat.
Pointing to the ‘used up pile’, which was the smallest, he said, “These, I’ll give to the
moori wala downstairs. I’ll use the one-side-used papers for my accounts, and also give some
to the poor children at the NGO. They practice maths on them.”
I was shocked. I learned that the old man had been doing this for months now. This
wasn’t any spying mission, but a real, concrete, genuine effort to save paper and the planet.
I stared at the septuagenarian in awe. No school education on the environment had ever
made an impression on me or my classmates or anyone, so to speak. But his lone endeavour
made me realize it all. For the first time, I truly understood.
Questions:
1. State whether the following statements are true or false. [2]
i. The next morning was naturally eventful.
ii. The writer’s sister was reading Jeffrey Archer.
iii. The writer’s Grandma left home with his sister in town, to buy vegetables.
iv. The writer’s Grandpa said that the computer people did not respect paper.
2. Fill in the blanks with appropriate words from the passage. [2]
i. At around noon, Grandma left _______ with my sister in town, to buy vegetables.
ii. I was amazed by how much importance he was giving to such a ________ matter.
3. Match the words in Column A with the description in Column B. [2]
Column ‘A’ Column ‘B’
i. paper truly what it is said to be
ii. pile a sudden upsetting or surprising experience
iii. shocked material manufactured in thin sheets from wood pulp
iv. genuine a number of things lying on top of one another.
4. Combine the following sentences using suitable conjunctions. [2]
i. We lazed around all day. My sister was watching cartoons on the idiot box.
ii. Grandpa abandoned his newspaper. He called me to his room.
5. Write your opinion about ‘Saving paper’. [2]

Q.2. (A) Read the passage and complete the activity given below. [10]
The Ajanta caves, we were told, lay in the side of a ravine in wild and desolate country
some 350 miles to the north-west, at the extreme tip of Hyderabad state where it touches the
Bombay Province. Properly speaking they were not caves at all, but temples which had
excavated from the living rock by Buddhist monks. These monks had first come to the ravine
somewhere in the second century before Christ and they had begun by hacking out the rock
by hand and hurling it down into the river below. Then, probably with large mirrors to reflect
the sunshine from the ravine outside, they set about the decoration of walls, the doorways and
the ceilings. They continued for the next eight hundred years, always painting and sculpturing
Lord Buddha, but setting him against an idyllic background of folk tales and the everyday life
of their own time. In much the same way as in the Italian Renaissance which over a thousand
years later, the work was subsidised by wealthy merchants and the princes of the surrounding
countryside.
Questions:
1. Choose the correct alternative and complete the sentences. [2]
i. Properly speaking they were not _________ at all.
a. temples b. rocks c. caves
ii. They continued for the next _________ hundred years.
a. seven b. eight c. six
2. Provide a meaningful and catchy title to the given passage and justify it. [2]
3. Write from the passage the words of similar meaning. [2]
i. bleak and empty
ii. remove earth from an area to find buried remains.
4. Do as Directed [2]
i. They had begun by hacking out the rock by hand and hurling it down into the river
below. (Change the voice)
ii. The work was subsidised by the wealthy merchants and the princes of the surrounding
countryside. (Rewrite using ‘not only ………. but also’)
5. What are your impressions of the writer from reading this passage? [2]
(B) Read the passage and complete the activity given below. [10]
Quite often, it is not the names of places, but people who are responsible for
misguiding the new arrivals, making them end up at wrong places. I have come across
different types of such ‘guides’ – well intentioned, overfriendly, rather confused, reticent and
even rude.
The overfriendly type most of the time is not very helpful. “Where is Banyan Tree
Street?” you ask him. He takes a long look at you, “Are you new to this place?” he asks. You
nod. The overfriendly type asks more questions of a personal nature. “Oh you are going to
meet Govindaswamy. I know his cousin’s brother-in-law who went to college with my elder
brother’s second cousin.”
Questions:
1. Choose the correct option and complete the sentence. [2]
i. The overfriendly type most of the time is ____________.
a. not very useful
b. not very helpful
c. not very caring
ii. The overfriendly type asks more questions of ____________.
a. a political nature
b. a religious nature
c. a personal nature
2. Complete the sentences using suitable responses. [2]
i. Quite often, it is not the names of places, but people who are responsible for
misguiding the new arrivals, __________________________.
ii. The overfriendly type most of the time is not very helpful because ____________.
3. i. Choose a word from the passage opposite in meaning to the given word [1]
a. demonstrating
b. polite
ii. Write the adjective from the passage which are used for the following nouns. [1]
a. places
b. guides
4. Prepare two ‘Wh’questions to get the underlined part as the answer. [2]
i. I have come across different types of such guides.
ii. The overfriendly type most of the time is not very helpful.
5. What do you know about guides? Have you ever come in contact with a guide? What was
your experience? [2]
Section ‘B’ (Poetry)
Q.3. (A) Read the following extract and attempt the given activities. [5]
There was a roaring in the wind all night;
The rain came heavily and fell in floods;
But now the sun is rising calm and bright,
The birds are singing in the distant woods;
Over his own sweet voice the Stock-dove broods;
The Jay makes answer as the Magpie chatters;
And all the air is filled with pleasant noise of waters.
All things that love the sun are out of doors;
The sky rejoices in the morning’s birth;
The grass is bright with raindrops−on the moors
The hare is running races in her mirth;
And with her feet she from the plashy earth
Raises a mist; that, glittering in the sun,
Runs with her all the way, wherever she doth run.
Questions:
1. Choose the correct alternative and complete the sentence. [2]
i. There was a roaring in the wind ___________.
a. all day b. all evening c. all night
ii. The birds are __________ in the distant woods.
a. dancing b. singing c. cooing
2. Describe the bright morning. [2]
3. Give the rhyme scheme of the first seven lines of the extract. [1]

(B) Read the following extract and complete the activities. [5]
Tell me is it right
That we sleep well at night
Replenishing ourselves
For tomorrow’s greedy fight
There lie abundant rivers with pollution
There fly multiple clouds with contamination
And when good food goes to waste
The valleys of the earth bury their paste
Our world is an institution
Of environmental pollution
We choose not to care
For our future generations
Questions:
1. Choose the correct alternative. [2]
i. For ___________ greedy fight. (today’s, tomorrow’s)
ii. For our ___________ generations. (present, future).
2. Which things in our society are affected by pollution? [2]
3. Pick out the rhyming words from the extract. [1]
Section ‘C’ (Rapid Reading)
Q.4. Read the given passage and attempt the activities given below. [5]
People came to him when the patient was on his last legs. Dr. Raman often burst out, “Why
couldn’t you have come a day earlier?” The reason was obvious-visiting fee twenty-five rupees,
and more than that, people liked to shirk the fact that the time had come to call in Dr. Raman; for
them there was something ominous in the very association. As a result, when the big man came on
the scene it was always a quick decision one way or another. There was no scope or time for any
kind of wavering or whitewashing. Long years of practice of this kind had bred in the doctor a
certain curt truthfulness; for that very reason his opinion was valued; he was not a mere doctor
expressing an opinion but a judge pronouncing a verdict. The patient’s life hung on his words. This
never unduly worried Dr. Raman. He never believed that agreeable words ever saved lives. He did
not think it was any of his business to provide comforting lies when as a matter of course nature
would tell them the truth in a few hours. However, when he glimpsed the faintest sign of hope, he
rolled up his sleeve and stepped into the arena: it might be hours or days, but he never withdrew till
he wrested the prize from Yama’s hands.
Today, standing over a bed, the doctor felt that he himself needed someone to tell him
soothing lies. He mopped his brow with his kerchief and sat down in the chair beside the bed. On
the bed lay his dearest friend in the world: Gopal. They had known each other for forty years now,
starting with their kindergarten days. They could not, of course, meet as much as they wanted, each
being wrapped in his own family and profession. Occasionally, on a Sunday, Gopal would walk
into the consulting room and wait patiently in a corner till the doctor was free. And then they would
dine together, see a picture and talk of each other’s life and activities. It was a classic friendship,
which endured untouched by changing times, circumstances and activities.
In his busy round of work, Dr. Raman had not noticed that Gopal had not called in for over
three months now. He only remembered it when he saw Gopal’s son sitting on a bench in the
consulting hall one crowded morning. Dr. Raman could not talk to him for over an hour. When he
got up and was about to pass on to the operating room, he called up the young man and asked,
“What brings you here, sir?” The youth was nervous and shy. “Mother sent me here.”
“What can I do for you?”
“Father is ill….”
Questions:
1. How was Gopal and Dr. Raman’s friendship? [1]
2. Re-arrange the sentences given below in sequence. [2]
i. “Mother sent me here.”
ii. There was no scope or time for any kind of wavering or whitewashing.
iii. Gopal would walk into the consulting room and wait patiently in a corner till the doctor
was free.
iv. On the bed lay his dearest friend in the world: Gopal.
3. ‘Today, the doctor felt that he himself needed someone to tell him soothing lies’. Explain
these lines. [2]
Section ‘D’ (Writing skills)
Q.5. (A) Attempt any one of the following letters: [5]
1. You borrowed a book from your friend and you lost it.
Write a letter of apology to him/her.
OR
2. The pile of garbage has not been collected from your locality since long. Write a letter to the
T-ward office complaining about inconvenience caused due to it.
(B) Write any one of the following: [5]
1. You are aware nowadays, school students indulge in ‘reckless driving’ in which they break
their limbs and it is also dangerous for their lives. Write a newspaper report on the above
topic in about 100 words.
OR
2. Write a dialogue between two friends discussing about a subject as their exams are fast
approaching.
Q.6. (A) Attempt any one of the following: [5]
1. Observe the below given graph carefully and write a short report describing the general
movement of the gold prices.
OR
2. Prepare a fact file of an important tourist centre of Maharashtra.
(B) Attempt any one of the following: [5]
1. You have been selected to deliver a speech during the school assembly on conservation of
electricity. Write the speech.
OR
2. Express your views and counterviews about - “Digitisation at workplace”.
Q.7. Expand the ideas contained in any one of the following topics: [5]
1. Service to man is service to God
2. Green city, clean city
3. Health is wealth
Price of gold in U.S. Dollars
1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990
Hundreds
S.S.C. Preliminary Examination − 1
ENGLISH
Model Answer Paper
Section ‘A’
(Prose)
(Reading Skills, Vocabulary, Grammar)
Q.1. (A) Read and understand the following passage and complete the activities given below.
1. i. National Defence Academy (NDA)
ii. Khadakvasla [1]
iii. friendship
iv. colonial [1]
2. [2]
3. i. twist ii. fauna [1]
iii. adventure iv. recreating [1]
4. i. After the dinner was over, the desserts were served. [1]
ii. The lost little cub of the tiger was sent back to the sanctuary. [1]
5. Yes. I like trekking. I take it as a personal challenge. It is an adventurous activity and brings
me close to nature. [2]
(B) Read and understand the following passage and complete the activities given below.
1. i. False
ii. False [1]
iii. True
iv. True [1]
There is action,
emotion, courage,
presence of mind and
friendship.
The main protagonist
Anirudh (Irfan in dream
sequence) and his band of
friends complete a youthful
spirit of adventure.
The scene shifts from boat race at
Khadakvasla to the mountain forts of
Sahyadri with a bit of Shivaji Maharaj’s
history. There is twist in the storyline and the
characters and locations change in flashback
that is shown as a dream sequence.
Initial part set in the sprawling
and green campus of National
Defence Academy (NDA)
Anirudh’s dream
as a tale of
adventure
2. i. home [1]
ii. trivial [1]
3. [2]
Column ‘A’ Column ‘B’
i. paper material manufactured in thin sheets from
wood pulp
ii. pile a number of things lying on top of one another.
iii. shocked a sudden upsetting or surprising experience
iv. genuine truly what it is said to be
4. i. We lazed around all day and my sister was watching cartoons on the idiot box. [2]
ii. Grandpa abandoned his newspaper and called me to his room.
5. Papers are made from wood pulp which is obtained from trees by cutting them. Excess use of
paper has led to immense felling of trees which has given rise to many problems. Trees are
one of the most important factors in maintaining the oxygen level in the atmosphere. They
take up carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and release oxygen that is the most essential
component for survival of human beings. Use of papers deplete the number of trees.
Therefore, limited usage of paper would help retain trees and a healthy atmosphere. Saving
papers would save the environment. Subscribing to e-bills, printing on both sides of the paper
and using the old papers for rough work are some of the measures that can be adopted to save
paper. [2]
Q.2. (A) Read the passage and complete the activity given below.
1. i. caves [1]
ii. eight [1]
2. The temple of Ajanta!
The title ‘The temple of Ajanta’ is so because the place, widely known as Ajanta caves are
actually temples, and not caves. The temples had been excavated from the living rock by
buddhist monks who were sculpturing Lord Buddha. [2]
3. i. desolate [2]
ii. excavate
4. i. Hurling it down into the river, they began to hack out the rock by hand. [1]
ii. The work was subsidised not only by the wealthy merchants but also by the princes of
the surrounding countryside. [1]
5. Reading the passage, I get the impression that the writer loves history. The passage is giving
information about history and historical monuments. The writer is keen in giving intellectual
and knowledge enhancing information, especially about history. [2]
(B) Read the passage and complete the activity given below
1. i. not very helpful [1]
ii. a personal nature [1]
2. i. making them end up at wrong places. [1]
ii. They ask more questions of a personal nature. [1]
3. i. a. reticent b. rude [1]
ii. a. wrong
b. well intentioned, overfriendly, rather confused, reticent, rude. [1]
4. i. What have I come across? [1]
ii. Who is not very helpful most of the time? [1]
5. Guides are the people who help out people who are new to a place. Many people opt for the
profession of a guide at tourist places. Yes, I have come across a guide several times. We had
gone to Kashmir for family trip and there we had hired a guide whose name was Adil
Qureshi. He was very polite, soft-spoken, helpful. He made us feel comfortable in the strange
land where we had come for the first time. He was a guide-cum-student. He worked during
day time to support his family and studied during night to fulfill his dream of becoming a
chartered accountant. The time our family spent with him is unforgettable. I still remember
his ever-smiling face saying salaam saab! [2]

Section ‘B’ (Poetry)
Q.3. (A) Read the following extract and attempt the given activities.
1. i. all night [1]
ii. singing [1]
2. After the heavy rains throughout the night, the calm and bright morning sun has given new
life to nature and filled the atmosphere with freshness. The birds are singing and the Stock
and dove are brooding in their sweet voices. The Jay bird is answering the chatters of the
Magpie bird. The air is filled with pleasant noise of water. The sky is clear and bright. [2]
3. The rhyme scheme of the first seven lines of the extract is:
a b a b b c c. [1]

(B) Read the following extract and complete the activities.
1. i. tomorrow’s [1]
ii. future [1]
2. In our society, almost all the rivers, which are a symbol of purity, are now polluted
completely. The clouds have become contaminated due to pollution. The food that is wasted
by humans adds on to the level of pollution. Our world has become an institution of
environmental pollution. [2]
3. right – night − fight; pollution − contamination; waste − paste; institution − pollution. [1]
Section ‘C’ (Rapid Reading)
Q.4. Read the given passage and attempt the activities given below.
1. Gopal and Dr. Raman’s friendship was a classic one, which endured untouched by changing
times, circumstances and activities. [1]
2. i. There was no scope or time for any kind of wavering or whitewashing.
ii. On the bed lay his dearest friend in the world: Gopal. [1]
iii. Gopal would walk into the consulting room and wait patiently in a corner till the doctor
was free.
iv. “Mother sent me here” [1]
3. Long years of practice had bred in Dr. Raman a certain curt truthfulness. His judgement was
valued. The patient’s life hung on his words. He never believed that agreeable words could
save lives. He believed that it was not his business to provide comforting lies when nature
would reveal the truth in a few hours. But today, he felt that he himself wanted someone to
tell him soothing lies as on the bed before him lying down was his dearest friend in the world:
Gopal! [2]

Section ‘D’ (Writing skills)
Q.5. (A) Attempt any one of the following letters: [5]
1. You borrowed a book from your friend and you lost it.
Write a letter of apology to him/her.
Aarti Walia,
A/5, Palace complex,
S.V. Road,
Malad (W),
Mumbai – 400064.
23rd July, 2013.
Dear Amita,
How are you? How are studies going on? How are uncle and aunty?
We all are doing great here. Hope the same is with all of you. Give my regards to uncle
and aunty and loads of love to little Raj.
Amita, I am writing to you today to talk about an important issue. I had borrowed the
book The monk who sold his Ferrari from you some days back. I really enjoyed reading that
book. But, as you know, we have shifted our residence, the book got misplaced in the
shifting. I have searched for it high and low but cannot find it.
It was a very good book. I am highly apologetic for my mistake. I will buy and return a
new book to you as soon as I get it from any shop. Hope you won’t be angry on me.
I apologize again for the same and for the inconvenience caused to you. Hope you
forgive me.
Your loving friend,
Aarti.
OR
2. The pile of garbage has not been collected from your locality since long. Write a letter
to the T-ward office complaining about inconvenience caused due to it. [5]
Walia,
Flat no.13, B wing,
Neha Apts,
Devidayal Road,
Mulund (W),
Mumbai – 400080.
23rd June, 2013.
To,
The Municipal Authority,
T-ward offfice,
Devidayal Road,
Mulund (W),
Mumbai- 400080.
Subject : About inconvenience caused by garbage left unattended.
Dear Sir,
As a responsible citizen of our suburb, I am writing this letter on behalf of all the
residents of my locality in reference to the inconvenience caused due to the pile of garbage
not been collected since the past 2-3 weeks.
The concerned garbage collecting workers have not come in our locality since last two
weeks. The pile is increasing day by day giving rise to unbearable pungent smell everywhere.
Due to the litter, mosquitoes have increased tremendously making it difficult for the children
to play in the ground and senior citizens to walk during evening hours. The threat of malaria
is traumatising all of us.
I request you to please look into the matter immediately and take required actions soon.
Thanking you,
Yours faithfully,
Walia.

(B) Write any one of the following: [5]
1. You are aware nowadays, school students indulge in ‘reckless driving’ in which they
break their limbs and it is also dangerous for their lives. Write a newspaper report on
the above topic in about 100 words.
Speed thrills but kills
Mumbai, 20th May
Speeding vehicles has become a trend amongst school going teenagers nowadays. A
status symbol amongst school friends. Little do they know that they are breaking the law of
driving without reaching the legal age and without possessing a certified license to drive on
the road. Rash driving without having proper knowledge about driving and other safety
measures, students tend to meet with accidents. Some even fatal among it.
An experienced trainer should accompany the new learners. Rules should be made
strict. And strict action should be taken against those breaking the rules.
This will help the future of India to be safe and secure.
OR
2. Write a dialogue between two friends discussing about a subject as their exams are fast
approaching.
Aditya : Hey Arun. How are you?
Arun : Hey! I am good. So, you finished the sums we decided to solve?
Aditya : Yes friend! I am following the time table we both have made. It is really very
helpful and it gives me some spare time to refresh.
Arun : As our exams are approaching, we need to follow the timetable. Its good to
hear that its helping you like me. Did you find any difficulty in the
trigonometry sums while solving them? I shall help you if any.
Aditya : No difficulties any where since we had practised it a couple of times earlier.
Arun : That’s great. Now we will finish the remaining exercise till tomorrow and
again discuss after it. Till then bye buddy!
Aditya : Sure! Bye. See you tomorrow.

Q.6. (A) Attempt any one of the following: [5]
1. The prices of gold have been rising after the year 1985. It went down in 1988 but again rised
in sometime which later came down in 1989. After 1989, the graph is rising and there is no
fluctuation seen after that.
OR
2. Fact file of Katraj snake park and zoo.
i. Location Pune Satara Highway.
Along close to Katraj Bus depot.
ii. Distance from important places 8 kms from Pune.
iii. Modes of transport By Road along Pune Satara highway.
[6 seater rickshaw from Swargate], Bus.
iv. Uniqueness Vast collection of snakes, birds and turtles.
v. Best time of the year to visit the place. Summer.
vi. Accomodation All types of hotels
vii. What to see Various species of snakes.
viii. Importance Conservation of many species of snakes.
ix. Speciality Zoo along with Snake Park.

(B) Attempt any one of the following: [5]
1. You have been selected to deliver a speech during the school assembly on conservation
of electricity. Write the speech.
Respected Principal Sir, Vice-principal Madam, Teachers and all my friends. A very good
morning to all of you. Today, I, Ananya Rao, am going to speak to you about the
conservation of electricity.
In today’s world, our routine comes to a stand still when there is no electricity. It is so
because we use all the gadgets, appliances that work on electricity.
But, the over-excess use of electricity has led to decline in its source which is a warning sign
for all of us to start conserving electricity in order to live a hassle-free life.
Conservation of electricity is not a very difficult task to be done by any one. Electricity can
be conserved by switching off the fans, lights and other electrical devices when not being
used. Energy saved now would be useful for us and our future generations.
So, let us take a pledge today to join hands towards conservation of electricity for our own
betterment and for the future generations to come!
Thank you.

OR
2. Express your views and counterviews about - “Digitisation at workplace”.
View:
i. With digitisation at work place, work is done by the computers and so there are
minimal or no errors taking place.
ii. Work is done in lesser time as compared to it being done manually.
iii. Large amount of data saved occupies very minimal space, thus making the office paper
free.
Counter view:
i. Computers replacing human beings gives rise to unemployment.
ii. Total dependency of work to be done is on (computers) machines.
iii. If the machine breaks/crashes down, a difficult situation arises.
iv. People of earlier generation find it difficult to get adjusted to new technologies coming
up everyday.

Q.7. Expand the ideas contained in any one of the following topics: [5]
1. Service to man is service to God.
God’s most beautiful creation is Man. When we help our fellow beings in their difficult
times, we worship god through the help we provide. It is so because humanity is the most
fundamental and basic religion.
Before following our own religion, we must inculcate humanity within us and within people
around us. This would enable peace and harmony in the society and there would be no place
for any social or any other kind of evil to exist and fracture the well being of society we live
in. Seeing a society in peace and harmony, god will be praised.

2. Green city, clean city
Cleanliness is next to godliness. This saying is being taught right from childhood to all of us.
When cleanliness is maintained, the environment becomes positive and healthy. The same
way like our personal surroundings, cleanliness comes mandatory for the city also in which
we dwell and develop.
Cleanliness should not only mean clean in terms of surroundings, but the atmosphere and the
environment should also be clean. When there is more and more greenery in the city, the
environment and atmosphere are clean and healthy Trees tend to purify the atmosphere from
pollution. Apart from trees, if we do not litter around in the city and keep its surroundings
clean, the city would then indeed become Green city clean city!

3. Health is wealth
To earn wealth, one has to do immense hard work. There is lot of pressure − physically,
mentally and emotionally. Ill health would not support in facing all these hurdles. A strong
and sound health would enable a person to face the hurdles and come out successfully.
Wealth does not only mean money. Wealth can also be counted for a good reputation, strong
and positive image of one’s self amongst the rest. This can be achieved through building a
strong and clean character which is not impossible. A sound health can enable a person to
reach any pinnacle of success!

Rests of the questions are in the attachment, download it freely from here:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Maharashtra SSC question paper.pdf (463.8 KB, 84 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in