2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th November 2017, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda Ph D Admission

One is admitted to Ph.D. programme either directly or through M. Phil program in Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda. One needs to qualify Ph. D Entrance Test (PET) conducted by University.

The written test shall be followed by Personal interview in the form of interaction with the Personal interview Committee constituted by the concerned department/ faculty/ Institute, as the case may be; provided that one is qualified in the written test. At the time of Personal interview, one is expected to discuss the research area.

Eligibility for PET examination

One, holding UGC recognized Master degree or recognized equivalent to Master degree with 55% or equivalent grade are eligible to appear in this exam; where the subject vacancies are mentioned.

Relaxation of 5% marks from 55% to 50% or equivalent grade will be allowed to those of ST/SC / OBC (Non Creamy layer). Differently abled candidates (PH / VH) will get relaxation of 3% within the respective category PH or VH.

Exemption

One who has qualified in national/ state level competitive exam such as UGC-CSIR / NET / SET / GATE / GPAT / DBT / ICMR / JRF holder is exempted from appearing in PET exam. Such candidates are requested to contact respective department directly, for the enrolment and registration for Ph. D.

Structure of the Test

Written Test (Multiple choice questions)

Paper I will cover the UGC syllabus of research methodology with 60 multiple choice questions out of which 50 questions are compulsory. Each question carries 1 mark thus the total marks in Paper I will be 50.

Paper II will be subject specific and will contain 50 multiple choice questions and all are compulsory, each question carrying 1 mark. Thus the total marks in Paper II are 50.

Use of Programmable Scientific Calculator is not allowed.

Standard for qualifying PET

The qualifying marks for Paper I & Paper II will be 50% of those obtained in Paper I and Paper II separately.

There will be no negative marks for wrong answers.

The validity of PET Certificate shall be forever.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in