2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

16th July 2018, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

Re: Madras University BA Economics Syllabus

Can you provide me the syllabus of B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) in Economics Program offered by IDE (Institute of Distance Education) University of Madras?
16th July 2018, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Madras University BA Economics Syllabus

The syllabus of B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) in Economics Program offered by IDE (Institute of Distance Education) University of Madras is as follows:

B.A. DEGREE COURSE IN ECONOMICS SYLLABUS
FIRST YEAR
PAPER I - INDIAN ECONOMY -PROBLEMS AND POLICIES

Unit - I

Features of less developed and developing economies - Economic and non-Economic factors impeding Economic development - Concept of Economic growth and development - Factors determining Economic development

Unit - II
Capital formation - Human and Physical - Savings and investment pattern during the plans - National Income - Methods, Trends, Limitation - Distribution - Recent trends in National Income.

Unit - III
Human resources - Population growth as a retarding factor - Population policy

Unit - IV
Agriculture - Its contribution to economic development - Food problems - Methods of solving it - Measures to increase agricultural productivity - Land reforms - Green revolution - Agricultural inputs and agricultural credit - Evaluation of agricultural policy during plan period.

Unit - V
Role of technology - Its impact on Economic development
Role of Industries in Economic development - Cottages, Small scale and Large scale (Cotton, Iron, STeel, Paper, Jute, Sugar and Tea) - Assessment of Industrial policy during the plan period. - Public sector - Privatizaiton - (Industrial policy 1948, 1956, 1977, 1980, 1991 - Industrial licensing policy - Industrial Finance Development banking (IDBI, IFCA, ICICI, IRBI, SFC, SIDCS AND SIDBI)

Syllabus B.A.in Economics IDE (Institute of Distance Education) University of Madras

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in