2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

2nd December 2014, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

Re: M.Tech(Industrial Mathematics and Computer Application) Jobs

M.Tech. Mathematics & Computing or Master of Technology in Mathematics & Computing is a two year post graduate programme.
After this course you can work in the following areas-

Modelling and forecasting financial markets, derivative instruments and securities, hedging and financial risk management, asset allocation and investment management, quantitative trading and arbitrage, quantitative issues in corporate and public financial policy, computer and information technology in the financial services industry.

Master of Technology in Mathematics & Computing Job Type-

Actuary
Banker
Business Data Analyst
Commodities or Futures Trader
Computational Engineer
Consultant
Data Analyst
Economic Researcher
Financial Analyst
Internet Commerce Worker
Meteorologist
Statistician
Telecommunications Analyst
Information and Communications Technologist
Computer Scientist
Computer Programmer
Database Coordinator
Systems Analyst
29th December 2015, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, after my B.Tech in Industrial Mathematics and Computer Application I’m looking for the M.Tech course in same discipline. Is there any one tell me after M.Tech in Industrial Mathematics and Computer Application what jobs are present for M.Tech students?
29th December 2015, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

Masters of technology in Industrial Mathematics is a postgraduate Industrial Management course. Industrial Mathematics is related that what an engineer could design, a scientist could know, or an executive could manage.

Eligibility
B.A. /B.Sc.(with Mathematics up to second year) OR
B.Sc. (Computer Science)/ OR B.E./B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Engg.)

The Master degree course gives good base for higher degree programs in respective subjects such as M.Phil. & Ph.D. for further research work.

They can have jobs of computer programmer; here they can vary from taking previously written programs and using them to solve pre-defined problems to writing programs of one's own in order to solve specified programs.

After M.Tech they can become a product manger, scientist, and advisors. M.Tech students can get job in various IT companies.

M.Sc. Industrial Mathematics Job Types:

Product Manager
Biology Researcher
Teacher & Lecturer
Market Research - Manager
Industrial Relations Manager
Science Adviser
Business Analyst Manager
Quantitative Marketing Analyst
Professor/Asst. Prof./Lecturer
Project Manager
Analyst - Marketing Analytic
29th February 2016, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I am Sarthak Verma. I am from Delhi. I want to do M.Tech(Industrial Mathematics and Computer Application). I want to after completing this M.Tech course what are the job prospects available?
29th February 2016, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

As you have asked about the jobs after M.Tech (Industrial Mathematics and Computer Application) Jobs, I am giving you some information regarding it
Though there are many jobs that require mathematical skills, there are limited jobs that carry the official title Mathematician.

Mathematics post graduates may take up job as engineer or analyst.
Career opportunities in the mathematical sciences are classified into 2 broad categories, Educators and Practitioners.

If you are eager to work as educators, you can become a university professor, college teacher, high school teacher.

If you are keen to work as practitioners, you can become an Actuary, Computational Scientist, Operations Research Analyst, Systems Engineer or Systems Analyst, Scientific Communication, Software Engineer or Software Consultant, Statistician, Research Mathematician, and others.

Actuaries are usually hired by insurance companies (life, health, and others), pension plans, businesses, consulting firms and government agencies.

A computational scientist understands problems arise from the physical sciences and engineering in mathematical form and develops mathematical solutions to the problems.

A software engineer designs and writes software that achieves non-numerical functions, such as graphics.

In non-academic positions, research mathematicians conduct mathematical exploration to large corporations and various departments of government such as the Department of Energy and various branches of the military.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in