2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

15th June 2018, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

Re: M sc Chemistry Kurukshetra University

Hi buddy here I am looking for Kurukshetra University M.sc Chemistry program syllabus, so would you plz let me know from where I can do it ??
15th June 2018, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Re: M sc Chemistry Kurukshetra University

As you want here I am giving below Kurukshetra University M.sc Chemistry program syllabus, on your demand :

SECTION A
Symmetry and Group Theory in Chemistry Definitions of group, subgroup, relation between orders of a finite groups and its subgroups. Conjugacy relation and classes. Symmetry elements and symmetry operations, Point symmetry group. Schonflies symbols, representations of groups by matrices (representation for the Cn, Cnv, Cnh, Dnh etc. groups to be worked out explicitly). Character of a representation, reducible and irreducible representations. The great orthogonality theorem (without proof) and its importance, Derivation of character tables of C2v, C3v and D2h Character tables and their use. Molecular asymmetry, dissymmetry and optical activity.

SECTION - B
Stereochemistry and Bonding in Main Group Compounds
VSEPR Theory, Walsh diagrams (tri-atomic molecules), d-p bonds, Bent rule and energetics of hybridization, Huckel theory with reference to ethylene and butadiene, Some simple substitution reactions of covalently bonded molecules of boron, silicon and nitrogen.

SECTION C
Metal-Ligand Equilibria in Solution Stepwise and overall formation constants and their interaction, trends in stepwise constants, factors affecting the stability of metal complexes with reference to the nature of metal ion and ligand, chelate effect and its thermodynamic origin, determination of binary formation constants by pH-metry and spectrophotometry.
Substitution reactions in octahedral complexes, theories of trans effect with respect to Pt(II) complexes. Brief account of electron transfer reactions, inert and labile complexes.

SECTION - D
Metal-Ligand Bonding Crystal field theory and its limitation , crystal field effects, John Teller distortion, nephelauxetic series, spin-orbital coupling, molecular orbital theory of octahedral, tetrahedral and square planar complexes (with and without п -bonding ).

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in