2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th June 2015, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Lucknow University Botany

As you are looking for the Lucknow University B.Sc. III year Botany syllabus , here I am providing same for you .
Lucknow University B.Sc. III year Botany syllabus
B.Sc. III year
Paper I: Plant resource utilisation & Conservation M.M. 75
Paper II: Biochemistry, molecular biology & biotechnology M.M. 75
Paper III: Environment & disease management. M.M. 75
(There will be 9 questions in each paper and candidate has to attempt only 5 questions. Q.1 will be
compulsory based on Units I - IV. Two questions will be set from each unit of which one question has to be
attempted. All questions will carry equal marks)
Practicals: Based on papers I-III M.M. 75
Paper I Plant Resource utilization and conservation 75 marks
Unit I
Centres of diversity of plants, origin of crop plants. Domestication and introduction of crop plants. Concepts
of sustainable development;
Unit II
Origin, cultivation, production and uses of - wheat, rice, legumes, sugarcane and general account of plants
yielding fruits, vegetables and oils, spices, beverages, dyes and tannins.
Unit III
A general account of major fiber, medicinal, petro, insecticidal plants of Uttar Pradesh. Forest products
(wood, resins, gums and rubber)
Unit IV
Conservation of plants resources for agriculture and forestry.
In situ conservation santuaries, national parks, biosphere reserves, wetlands, ,mangroves.
Exsitu conservation; botanical gardens, field gene banks, seed banks, cryobanks, conservation activities of
NBPGR, BSI, ICAR,CSIR and DBT.
Paper II: Biochemistry, molecular biology and biotechnology M.M. 75
Unit – I
Structure and properties of biomolecules: Carbohydrates - monosacharids, disaccharides, polysaccharides,
lipids, amino acids, proteins, vitamins and hormones
Unit - II
Enzymes: active sites, specificity, mechanisms, factors, general aspects of enzyme kinetics. Bioenergetics:
Laws of thermodynamics, concept of Gibb's free energy, high energy compounds.
Unit - III
Different types of RNA’s, structures, transcription and processing, replication of DNA in prokaryotes and
enkaryotes, genetic code, gene expression and regulation. Cell cycle, Hormonal control and second
messengers Ca-+, Cyclic AMP, IP3 etc.
Unit- IV
Introduction to biotechnology, recombinant DNA technology, plant tissue culture, methods of gene transfer,
transgenic plants, biotechnology and healthcare, microbial and environmental biotechnology.
Paper III- Environmental botany and plant pathology M.M. 75
Unit - I
Mineral resources of planet earth, Conservation of mineral resources. soils; types, properties and various
problem soils; water; the source of water, physico-chemical and biological properties of water. Sustainable
management of water; energy resources in India; Forests: global forest wealth, importance of forests,
deforestation.
Unit - II
Environmental pollution : air, water, soil, radioactive, thermal and noise pollutions, their sources, effects and
control. (greenhouse effect, ozone depletion and acid rain). CO2 enrichment and climate change.
Unit - III
Biodiversity and Phytogeography : biotic communities and populations, their characteristics and population
dynamics. Natural vegetation of India, static and dynamic plant geography, basic principles governing
geographical distribution of plants, endemism.
Unit - IV
Etiology of viral, bacterial, fungal and insect-pest diseases: mosaic diseases on tobacco, and cucumber,
yellow vein mosaic of bhindi; citrus canker, potato scab, little leaf of brinjal; damping off of seedlings late
blight of potato, red rot of sugarcane
Integrated pest disease management

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lucknow University Botany.pdf (88.8 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by sumit; 7th December 2019 at 11:31 AM.
6th February 2018, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick sam View Post
as you are looking for the lucknow university b.sc. Iii year botany syllabus , here i am providing same for you .
lucknow university b.sc. Iii year botany syllabus
b.sc. Iii year
paper i: Plant resource utilisation & conservation m.m. 75
paper ii: Biochemistry, molecular biology & biotechnology m.m. 75
paper iii: Environment & disease management. M.m. 75
(there will be 9 questions in each paper and candidate has to attempt only 5 questions. Q.1 will be
compulsory based on units i - iv. Two questions will be set from each unit of which one question has to be
attempted. All questions will carry equal marks)
practicals: Based on papers i-iii m.m. 75
paper i plant resource utilization and conservation 75 marks
unit i
centres of diversity of plants, origin of crop plants. Domestication and introduction of crop plants. Concepts
of sustainable development;
unit ii
origin, cultivation, production and uses of - wheat, rice, legumes, sugarcane and general account of plants
yielding fruits, vegetables and oils, spices, beverages, dyes and tannins.
Unit iii
a general account of major fiber, medicinal, petro, insecticidal plants of uttar pradesh. Forest products
(wood, resins, gums and rubber)
unit iv
conservation of plants resources for agriculture and forestry.
In situ conservation santuaries, national parks, biosphere reserves, wetlands, ,mangroves.
Exsitu conservation; botanical gardens, field gene banks, seed banks, cryobanks, conservation activities of
nbpgr, bsi, icar,csir and dbt.
Paper ii: Biochemistry, molecular biology and biotechnology m.m. 75
unit – i
structure and properties of biomolecules: Carbohydrates - monosacharids, disaccharides, polysaccharides,
lipids, amino acids, proteins, vitamins and hormones
unit - ii
enzymes: Active sites, specificity, mechanisms, factors, general aspects of enzyme kinetics. Bioenergetics:
Laws of thermodynamics, concept of gibb's free energy, high energy compounds.
Unit - iii
different types of rna’s, structures, transcription and processing, replication of dna in prokaryotes and
enkaryotes, genetic code, gene expression and regulation. Cell cycle, hormonal control and second
messengers ca-+, cyclic amp, ip3 etc.
Unit- iv
introduction to biotechnology, recombinant dna technology, plant tissue culture, methods of gene transfer,
transgenic plants, biotechnology and healthcare, microbial and environmental biotechnology.
Paper iii- environmental botany and plant pathology m.m. 75
unit - i
mineral resources of planet earth, conservation of mineral resources. Soils; types, properties and various
problem soils; water; the source of water, physico-chemical and biological properties of water. Sustainable
management of water; energy resources in india; forests: Global forest wealth, importance of forests,
deforestation.
Unit - ii
environmental pollution : Air, water, soil, radioactive, thermal and noise pollutions, their sources, effects and
control. (greenhouse effect, ozone depletion and acid rain). Co2 enrichment and climate change.
Unit - iii
biodiversity and phytogeography : Biotic communities and populations, their characteristics and population
dynamics. Natural vegetation of india, static and dynamic plant geography, basic principles governing
geographical distribution of plants, endemism.
Unit - iv
etiology of viral, bacterial, fungal and insect-pest diseases: Mosaic diseases on tobacco, and cucumber,
yellow vein mosaic of bhindi; citrus canker, potato scab, little leaf of brinjal; damping off of seedlings late
blight of potato, red rot of sugarcane
integrated pest disease management
plz i need bsc first yr botany syllabus of lko university

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in