2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

24th February 2016, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

The Load Runner

Hello sir, I am Rajeev Chatterjee. I am from Kolkata. I want you to help me by providing me some information regarding the HP Load Runner software.
Similar Threads
Thread
Laod Runner
PHD Form from BITS down load
24th February 2016, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Re: The Load Runner

As you have asked information about the HP load runner software, check below for the information
HP LoadRunner is a software testing tool from Hewlett-Packard.
It is used to check applications, measuring system behaviour and performance under load.
It mimics user activity by generating messages between application components or by simulating interactions with the user interface such as key presses or mouse movements.
The messages/interactions to be generated are stored in scripts. It can generate the scripts by recording them, such as logging HTTP requests between a client web browser and an application's web server.

The key components of HP LoadRunner are:

Load Generator generates the load against the application by following scripts
VuGen (Virtual User Generator) for generating and editing scripts
Controller controls, launches and sequences instances of Load Generator - specifying which script to use, for how long etc. During runs the Controller receives real-time monitoring data and displays status.
Agent process manages connection between Controller and Load Generator instances.
Analysis assembles logs from various load generators and formats reports for visualization of run result data and monitoring data

Modules are available to enable HP LoadRunner to capture, replay and script different application and networking technologies. These include support for:

applications using Microsoft .NET and Java
database servers such as Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle
internetworking protocols such as DNS, FTP and LDAP
e-mail protocols including IMAP, MAPI, POP3 & SMTP
remote client technologies such as Citrix ICA and RDP.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in