2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st June 2015, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Lemon Cultivation TNAU

My father is farmer and he cultivates the Lemon. I want to help him. Can you please share the guidelines of the Lemon Cultivation offered by the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) So I can help my father to cultivate different types of lemon?
Similar Threads
Thread
TNAU Cost of Cultivation
TNAU Mushroom Cultivation Training
Tnau dee
Tnau dmi
Tnau eee
AZOLLA Cultivation TNAU
Jatropha Cultivation In Assam
Indian Institute Of Cultivation Of Science Jadavpur
Cashew Cultivation in India
Hrs tnau
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Mushroom Cultivation
Ifs tnau
MBA in TNAU
Tnau mba
Groundnut Cultivation TNAU
Tnau pro
ABM In TNAU
Carrot Cultivation TNAU
Tnau aws
Indian Institute of Cultivation Science Kolkata
12th June 2018, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

Re: Lemon Cultivation TNAU

Hi buddy here I have come to collect info related to TNAU Lemon Cultivation , so would you plz let me know about the same here , as my brother asking me for it ??
12th June 2018, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Lemon Cultivation TNAU

As you want here I am telling about TNAU Lemon Cultivation on your demand :

Soil and climate
The crop can be cultivated in both Tropical and subtropical climate. It can be grown up to 1000 m above MSL. Deep well drained loamy soils are best suited for the cultivation.

Season
The planting is done from December February and June September.

Planting
Healthy seedlings are planted during June to December at 5 to 6 m spacing in 75 cm x 75 cm x 75 cm pits.

Irrigation
Irrigate copiously after planting. After establishment of the crop, irrigation is given at 7 10 days interval. Water stagnation should be avoided.

Manures and fertilizers per plant
N is applied in two doses during March and October. FYM, P2O5 and K2O are to be applied in October.
Manures and Fertilizers Ist year Annual increase From 6th year
FYM 10 kg 5 kg 30 kg
N 200 g 100 g 600 g
P 100 g 25 g 200 g
K 100 g 40 g 300 g

Spray Zinc sulphate at the rate of 0.5% (500 g/100 lit of water) thrice in a year (March, July and October) after the emergence of new flushes.

After cultivation
The branches of main stem up to 45 cm from ground level have to be removed. Green leaves @ 30 kg per tree are applied once in 3 months.

Intercropping
Legumes and vegetable crops can be raised during pre-bearing age.

Growth regulator
To increase the fruit set, spray 2, 4 D @ 20 ppm during flowering stage. For fruit retention, spray 2, 4 D @ 20 ppm or NAA @ 30 ppm after fruit set (marble size).

Plant protection
Pests
Leaf miner
The pest can be controlled by spraying Dichlorvos 76 WSC @ 1 ml/lit or Dimethoate 30 EC @ 2 ml/lit or Monocrotophos 36 WSC @ 1.5 ml/lit or neem seed kernel extract (NSKE) @ 50g/lit or 3 % neem cake extract or neem oil.

Leaf caterpillar
When the infestation is moderate to severe, Quinalphos25 EC @ 2ml/lit is sprayed to control to control the pest. The larvae can be hand picked and destroyed.
Attached Files
File Type: doc TNAU Lemon Cultivation.doc (34.0 KB, 61 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in