2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Jobs

17th April 2015, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

Ldap id iitb

Can you tell me how to register with LDAP of Department of Computer Science and Engineering in of IIT or Indian Institute of Technology, Bangalore? What documents are required to register with LDAP of Department of Computer Science and Engineering in of IIT or Indian Institute of Technology, Bangalore?
Similar Threads
Thread
Iitb epm
Mea iitb
Iitb cc
Es 200 iitb
IIT Bombay LDAP
Oat iitb
Cut Off For IITB
Iitb cen
Cc iitb
Cl 603 IITB
Ma 207 iitb
IITB end SEM
IITB Mid Sem
Iitb ai
Me iitb
Iitb cms
Jkv iitb
Ee 225 iitb
Iitb pg
Tcs iitb
22nd August 2018, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Re: Ldap id iitb

I recently took admission in IIT Bombay and searching for the Computer Centre LDAP ID IITB details searching for center details. Will you please provide me basic details about LDAP ID IITB also tell for what purpose it is used for also provide list of other services offered?
22nd August 2018, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Ldap id iitb

Computer Centre administers and manages the entire Campus Computer Network which includes Departments, Schools, Centres, Main Administrative Building, Hostels and the Guest House. Network Connectivity is also provided to the remote locations like Institute Hospital, Security Cameras, etc.

Every student/staff will get an LDAP account, when (s)he joins IITB. Using this, (s)he can browse the internet (using this userid for authentication on IITB proxy server).

The user will also get a mail account ( userid@iitb.ac.in).

The user can also log into the machines in CC user area using the same userid. NETMON proxy access and user-area login will expire the moment (s)he completes his/her study at IITB.

The email address may be retained as a forwarding address to an external address of the user's choice.

List of services offered:

HPC FACILITIES
SOFTWARE
FTP SERVER
BIGHOME/STORAGE FACILITY
ACCESSING FROM OUTSIDE IITB(VPN/SSH)
MAIL FORWARDING
MAIL FACILITIES
GUEST ACCOUNT CREATION
HOME ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
LIBRARY DOWNLOAD BLOCKING
SUBSCRIBE TO DISCUSS-FACULTY