2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st May 2015, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

LCA Tejas Closes In On The IAF

Can you give me the latest news about the LCA Tejas closes in on the IAF? I missed it on TV and I want to join the Indian Air force so It is important for me to know about the IAF aircrafts? Please feel free to give me addition details about the LCA Tejas closes in on the IAF?
Similar Threads
Thread
Indian Air Force Tejas MK2
IAF Tejas mark II
DRDO Tejas
Iimb tejas
9th August 2018, 10:22 AM
Unregistered

Re: LCA Tejas Closes In On The IAF

Hello sir, is there any one can tell me when IAF used LCA Tejas to closes in on the IAF? Please provide me info about when LCA Tejas to closes in on the IAF?
9th August 2018, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Re: LCA Tejas Closes In On The IAF

The Indian air force is launched its Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas. The Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas during its new outstation trails was operated successfully by carrying and releasing long range beyond visual range weapons.

Images released by the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) for the design and development of the LCA programme showed the Tejas carrying the weaponry.

Tejas carries long range beyond visual range weapons, with highly agile high off-bore-sight missiles to tackle any close combat threat.

Limited reach:

Tejas will have a limited reach of a little over 400-km, which means it can be used for close air-to-ground operations.

For any strikes which happen deep into enemy territory will have to be undertaken by Russian-origin Sukhoi-30MKIs or the Rafales.

Features of stealth fighter jet:

The home-grown aircraft is equipped with a quadruplex digital fly-by-wire flight control system to ease handling by the pilot.
Due to its small size and the extensive usage of carbon composits, its radar cross section is very less compared to other aircrafts like MiG-29, F-16.
Power plant:

F404-GE-IN20
Dimensions: Diameter 890 mm, Length 3.9 m
Weights: Max Weight 1,035 kg (2,282 lb)
Engines Performance: Thrust 9,163 kg (20,200 lb)

Overview:

Primary user Indian Air Force
Produced 2001present
Number built 25 (including prototypes as of March 2018)
Program cost ₹7,399.69 crore (US$1 billion) (LCA total in 2015)
Unit cost
₹162 crore (US$24 million) for Mk 1
₹463 crore (US$67 million) for Mk 1A

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in