2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

24th September 2014, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Law with CS Course, Good or Worth

Of course, it is good to do Law with CS course.
Its totally depends on your choice.

CS course is offered by the ICSI institute. For joining for the law course you will have to enroll in any of the law colleges.

You are eligible for both the courses after graduation.

The duration of the law course is 3 years.

The duration of the CS course will depend on how quickly you are able to clear each level.

Being a graduate you can join the second level i.e. the executive level of the CS course directly.

Here is the list of top law colleges:

1 National Academy of Legal Studies and Research University (NALSAR)
2 National Law School of India University(NLSIU)
3 Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi
4 The W.B. National University of Juridical Sciences(NUJS)
5 National Law Institute University(NLIU)
6 Gujarat National Law University
7 Symbiosis Society’s Law College
8 National Law Institute University
9 I.L.S. Law College
10 Faculty of Law, Aligarh Muslim University
24th March 2015, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Can you tell me is it worth to pursue Law with CS course in India as I want to do so but am very confused about it?
24th March 2015, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Practically there is no relation between CS & Law. But if you want to pursue both together you can do so there is no problem.

The prime responsibility of a Company Secretary is to guarantee that the company meets the legal obligations whereas the lawyer assists people by helping them on legal matters. A Company Secretary is an advisor of legal affairs in a corporate setup whereas a lawyer does the same in a Court of Law.

Company Secretary Career opportunities

Institute of Company Secretaries of India offers the Company Secretary course. Those who clear the 3 levels of the Company Secretary course undergo training so as to be eligible for the membership as a Company Secretary.

On completion of the program, professionals can look for employments in financial institutions, banking sector, Department of company affairs, Government or private sector companies and in other regulatory bodies.

Lawyer career opportunities

There are so many law institutes in India that offers varied law courses. A graduation in law is required to be a Lawyer. There are so many courses in Law that one can specialize as part of higher studies.

Some of the specializations in Law include Criminal law, Civil law, International law, etc.

After that professionals can look for career in the Judiciary, private industries or in public interest organizations.

Mostly, Lawyers prefer carrying out private practice in a law firm or unaccompanied practice as it is more profitable.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in