2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th May 2015, 08:11 AM
Unregistered

KOM Anna University

I am studying at Anna University. I missed some lectures of Kinematics of Machinery (KOM) because I was suffering from fever. What is the procedure to get that lectures in the Video Mode? Can I reappear in that lectures of Kinematics of machinery (KOM) again? Give me contact number of Anna University where I can get information about lectures videos.
Similar Threads
Thread
Anna University SRF
GCT Anna University
AU FRG Anna University
CTF Anna University
Anna University OCI
TVS Anna University
Anna University And Anna University Of Technology Chennai
MBA Anna University
KFC near Anna University
Anna University Vs VTU
MS IT In Anna University
Anna University SAP
Anna University IDE
Anna University KDC
Edu Anna University
Anna University Bed
Anna University P.Hd
Anna University Vs SSN
Where Is Anna University
MS In Anna University
12th May 2020, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Re: KOM Anna University

Anna University is a public state university located in Tamil Nadu, India. The main campus is in Guindy, Chennai and the satellite campus is in Chromepet, Chennai. It was established on 4 September 1978.

Semester : 04
Department : Mechanical Engineering (ME)
Year : Second Year (II Year)
Anna University is a public state university located in Tamil Nadu, India. The main campus is in Guindy, Chennai and the satellite campus is in Chromepet, Chennai. It was established on 4 September 1978.

ME6401 Kinematics of Machinery (KOM) Syllabus
UNIT I BASICS OF MECHANISMS

Classification of mechanisms – Basic kinematic concepts and definitions – Degree of freedom, Mobility – Kutzbach criterion, Gruebler’s criterion – Grashof’s Law – Kinematic inversions of four-bar chain and slider crank chains – Limit positions – Mechanical advantage – Transmission Angle – Description of some common mechanisms – Quick return mechanisms, Straight line generators, Universal Joint – rocker mechanisms.

UNIT II KINEMATICS OF LINKAGE MECHANISMS

Displacement, velocity and acceleration analysis of simple mechanisms – Graphical method– Velocity and acceleration polygons – Velocity analysis using instantaneous centres – kinematic analysis of simple mechanisms – Coincident points – Coriolis component of Acceleration – Introduction to linkage synthesis problem.

UNIT III KINEMATICS OF CAM MECHANISMS

Classification of cams and followers – Terminology and definitions – Displacement diagrams –Uniform velocity, parabolic, simple harmonic and cycloidal motions – Derivatives of follower motions – Layout of plate cam profiles – Specified contour cams – Circular arc and tangent cams – Pressure angle and undercutting – sizing of cams.

UNIT IV GEARS AND GEAR TRAINS

Law of toothed gearing – Involutes and cycloidal tooth profiles –Spur Gear terminology and definitions –Gear tooth action – contact ratio – Interference and undercutting. Helical, Bevel, Worm, Rack and Pinion gears [Basics only]. Gear trains – Speed ratio, train value – Parallel axis gear trains – Epicyclic Gear Trains.

UNIT V FRICTION IN MACHINE ELEMENTS

Surface contacts – Sliding and Rolling friction – Friction drives – Friction in screw threads –Bearings and lubrication – Friction clutches – Belt and rope drives – Friction in brakes- Band and Block brakes.

Contact Details:

Anna University, Guindy, Chennai
- 600 025. Phone: 044 - 2235 7097 / 2230 0916

Map location:

[MAP]Anna University, Guindy, Chennai [/MAP]

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in