2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th June 2015, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

Knowledge about Nda

Hello sir my name is kapil sharma and I will apply in national defense academy in next year, but I don’t know the general knowledge details for the NDA exam, so can you plz provide me the general knowledge details of this year.
Similar Threads
Thread
Knowledge management MBA
Knowledge about MBA
Knowledge about DMRC
NID General Knowledge
Knowledge Quizzes
General Knowledge for UGC NET
GRE Knowledge
ITBP Knowledge
Knowledge Economy
IAS knowledge
NICL Knowledge
MBA Body OF Knowledge
MBA knowledge without the degree
Knowledge Of JEE
Knowledge about SSC
General knowledge for NDA
NDA Knowledge Hub
GTU Knowledge
Com Cab Knowledge School
IBM Knowledge Institute
9th June 2015, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Knowledge about Nda

Hello user as you said that you will apply in national defense academy in next year, but I don’t know the general knowledge details for the NDA exam, here I have providing you the

PART A
General Knowledge details
The question paper on General Knowledge will cover the subjects : Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events.

The syllabus given below is designed to indicate the scope of these subjects included in this paper.

The topics mentioned are not to be regarded as exhaustive and questions on topics of similar nature not specifically mentioned in the syllabus may also be asked.

You have answers are expected to show your knowledge and intelligent understanding of the subject.

Here are Current Events details to know
Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the recent years .

Current important world events.
Prominent personalities –
both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports.

PART B
English

The question paper in English will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of English and workman like use of words. The syllabus covers various aspects like : Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension in extended text to test the your proficiency in English.

Address:
Khadakwasla,
Pune, Maharashtra 411023
Phone:020 2529 3105
9th June 2015, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir, my brother wants to give the entrance exam of NDA. For that can you plz provide me the syllabus with its general knowledge course.
9th June 2015, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Hello user as you wants to know for your brother. Here I am giving you syllabus as you asked for the NDA (national defense academy).

General Knowledge
The question paper on General Knowledge will broadly cover the subjects : Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events.
The syllabus given below is designed to indicate the scope of these subjects included in this paper.
The topics mentioned are not to be regarded as exhaustive and questions on topics of similar nature not specifically mentioned in the syllabus may also be asked.
Candidate’s answers are expected to show their knowledge and intelligent understanding of the subject.

Physics

Physical Properties and States of Matter, Mass, Weight, Volume, Density and Specific Gravity, Principle of Archimedes, Pressure Barometer.
Motion of objects, Velocity and Acceleration, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Force and Momentum, Parallelogram of Forces, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies, Gravitation, elementary ideas of work, Power and Energy.
Effects of Heat, Measurement of temperature and heat, change of State and Latent Heat, Modes of transference of Heat.
Sound waves and their properties, Simple musical instruments.
Rectilinear propagation of Light, Reflection and refraction. Spherical mirrors and Lenses. Human Eye.
Natural and Artificial Magnets, Properties of a Magnet, Earth as a Magnet.
Static and Current Electricity, conductors and Non-conductors, Ohm’s Law, Simple Electrical Circuits, Heating, Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current, Measurement of Electrical Power, Primary and Secondary Cells, Use of X-Rays.
General Principles in the working of the following :
Simple Pendulum, Simple Pulleys, Siphon, Levers, Balloon, Pumps, Hydrometer, Pressure Cooker, Thermos Flask, Gramophone, Telegraphs, Telephone, Periscope, Telescope, Microscope, Mariner’s Compass; Lightening Conductors, Safety Fuses.

Chemistry
Physical and Chemical changes. Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Symbols, Formulae and simple Chemical Equations, Law of Chemical Combination (excluding problems). Properties of Air and Water.
Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbondioxide, Oxidation and Reduction.
Acids, bases and salts.
Carbon - different forms
Fertilizers - Natural and Artificial
Material used in the preparation of substances like soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches, and Gun-Powder.
Elementary ideas about the Structure of Atom, Atomic, Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency.

General Science
Difference between the living and non- living.
Basis of Life - Cells, Protoplasms and Tissues.
Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals.
Elementary knowledge of human Body and its important organs.
Common Epidemics, their causes and prevention.
Food - Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food, Balanced Diet.
The Solar System - Meteors and Comets, Eclipses.
Achievements of Eminent Scientists.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in