2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th April 2018, 06:29 AM
Unregistered

Re: Kinematics of machinery Anna University syllabus

I am student of Anna University and from here doing mechanical engineering degree looking for course syllabus. Will you provide me Kinematics Of Machinery Anna University Syllabus so that I get to know list of topics to study for this subject so that I can prepare well for exams?
20th April 2018, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Kinematics of machinery Anna University syllabus

Anna University is a technical university in Tamil Nadu, India. The main campus is in Guindy, Chennai

Kinematics Of Machinery Anna University Syllabus

ME6401 KINEMATICS OF MACHINERY SYLLABUS REGULATION 2013
UNIT I BASICS OF MECHANISMS
Classification of mechanisms Basic kinematic concepts and definitions Degree of freedom, Mobility Kutzbach criterion, Grueblers criterion Grashof’s Law Kinematic inversions of four-bar chain and slider crank chains Limit positions Mechanical advantage Transmission Angle Description of some common mechanisms Quick return mechanisms, Straight line generators,Universal Joint rocker mechanisms.

UNIT II KINEMATICS OF LINKAGE MECHANISMS
Displacement, velocity and acceleration analysis of simple mechanisms Graphical method Velocity and acceleration polygons Velocity analysis using instantaneous centres kinematic analysis of simple mechanisms Coincident points Coriolis component of Acceleration Introduction to linkage synthesis problem.

UNIT III KINEMATICS OF CAM MECHANISMS
Classification of cams and followers Terminology and definitions Displacement diagrams Uniform velocity, parabolic, simple harmonic and cycloidal motions Derivatives of follower motions Layout of plate cam profiles Specified contour cams Circular arc and tangent cams Pressure angle and undercutting sizing of cams.

UNIT IV GEARS AND GEAR TRAINS
Law of toothed gearing Involutes and cycloidal tooth profiles Spur Gear terminology and definitions Gear tooth action contact ratio Interference and undercutting. Helical, Bevel, Worm, Rack and Pinion gears [Basics only]. Gear trains Speed ratio, train value Parallel axis gear trains Epicyclic Gear Trains.

UNIT V FRICTION IN MACHINE ELEMENTS
Surface contacts Sliding and Rolling friction Friction drives Friction in screw threads Bearings and lubrication Friction clutches Belt and rope drives Friction in brakes- Band and Block brakes.

Anna University
Anna University, Kotturpuram
Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600025
Phone: 044 2235 7264

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in