2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd August 2012, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Karunya University Syllabus Curriculum

You are looking for MCA course syllabus of Karunya University so here I am uploading its syllabus:

CA101 Computers and Internet Fundamentals
CA102 Introduction to Information Technology
CA201 Computer System Architecture
CA202 Theory of Programming Languages
CA203 Microprocessors

For complete syllabus of Karunya University MCA course you can visit on following link;
karunya.edu/academics/syllabus/mca.pdf
10th August 2015, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

Karunya University Syllabus curriculum

I want to get admission in B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering in Karunya University and for that I want to get the syllabus so can you provide me that?
10th August 2015, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Karunya University Syllabus curriculum

As you want to get the syllabus of B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering in Karunya University so here is the information of the same for you:

Some content of the file has been given here:

PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH I:
Unit I

Developing basic skills in Grammar- Parts of Speech- Tense forms- Concord- Articles-Voice-
Infinitives- Gerunds—Modal auxiliaries- Understanding vocabulary- Word power.

Unit II
Developing skills in basic sentence patterns- Direct and indirect speech - Homophones- Note- Making- Paragraph writing- Personal letter writing- Summarizing- Punctuations- Discourse markers.

Unit III

Error Analysis- Descriptive writing- Abbreviations- Word formations- Cohesive devices- One- word substitution- Subordinating conjunction- Co-relative conjunction- Relative pronouns- Writing short speeches.

Unit IV

Instructions- Warning- Group discussions- - Writing minutes- writing recommendations- Memo
writing- Understanding biography

Unit V

Essay writing- Writing official letters- If- clauses- Technical and non- technical meaning of words- Presentational skills- Body language- Role-play

Text Book

1. Dhanavel, S.P, 2009. English and Communication Skills for Students of Science and
Engineering. Orient Black Swan.

Reference Books

1. Radhakrishnan, Pillai G.et.al. Spoken English for You-Level I. Chennai: Emerald Publishers, 2000.
2. Rizvi, Ashraf M. Effective Technical Communication. New Delhi: Tata McGraw- Hill. 2005.
3. Joseph, Maya and Sundarsingh, J. ed. Communication Skills I & II. Coimbatore, Gems Publishers, 2005.

BASIC FRENCH LANGUAGE:
Unit I

Nouns and Pronouns- Personal pronouns –Verbs- Concord – Present of regular verbs – present of
frequently used verbs – direct infinitive to show preferences

Unit II

Adjectives– Types of adjectives and usage - Adverbs – use and position of frequently used
adverbs - Prepositions and Conjunctions– use of prepositions of place

Unit III

Interrogative Constructions – questions indicated by rising intonation – questions starting with
question words - Sentence Structure

Unit IV

Listening Skill – Pronunciation – Contextual meaning – Listening to comprehend ideas

Unit V

Reading a variety of short, simple materials – Demonstrate understanding through oral and brief
written responses – Writing short expressions

Reference:

1. The Ontario Curriculum: FSL — Extended French, Grades 1–8; French Immersion,
Grades 1–8, 2001

BASIC GERMAN LANGUAGE:
Unit I

Introduction – Alphabets – Greetings – Countries and Languages – Pronouns – Possessive
Pronouns - Verbs and their conjugations – Articles

Unit- II

Question Words – Statements and questions – Negation – Exercises –Nouns – Singular and
Plural, Imperative statements

Unit – III

Number system – Family – Daily routines related verbs and question verbs.

Unit – IV
Accusative and dative declensions of pronouns and articles – Modal verbs and their related grammatical structure.

Unit – V
Time and time related particles – Related vocabulary and grammar – Exercises.

Reference Books

1. Tangram Aktuell ! (Max Hueber Verlag).
2. Pingpong (Maz hueber Verlag)

PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH II:
Unit I

Language use-Word formation-Synonyms-Antonyms- Vocabulary building- Word Power-
Abbreviations-Acronyms-homophones.

Unit II

Language use-Error Analysis-Impersonal passive voice-Punctuations-Verb forms-Modal Auxiliaries- Reading Skills-Extensive Reading-Intensive Reading.

Unit III
Communicative Skills-Prepositional Phrases-Gerunds-Infinitives-Imperatives-Situational speech-practice to speak fluently-Contextual use of words-Language for various communicative functions

Unit IV
Speaking Skills- Phonetics-Vowels - Consonants-Stress-Intonation- Phonetic Transcription-
Correct pronunciation Identification-Speeches-Group Discussion.

Unit V
Writing Skills-Creative writing - Continuous writing-Description- Parts of business letters-Types of Business letters-Formatting of Business Letters - Editing

Text Book:
1. Viswamohan, Aysha, 2008. English for Technical Communication. Tata Mc Graw-Hill.

Reference Books
1 Joseph, Maya and Sundarsingh, J. ed. Communication Skills I & II. Coimbatore, Gems Publishers, 2005.
2 Radhakrishnan, Pillai G.et.al. (2000). Spoken English for You-Level I. Chennai: Emerald Publishers.
3 Dhanavel, S.P, 2009. English and Communication Skills for Students of Science and Engineering. Orient Black Swan.

ALGEBRA, DIFFERENTIAL CALCULUS AND ANALYTICAL GEOMETRY:
Unit I:
Theory of Equations

Relations between coefficients and roots. Irrational and imaginary roots s – symmetric functions of the roots – transformation of equations – Reciprocal equations and formation of equation whose roots are given.

Unit II:
Matrices

Characteristic equation – Eigen values and eigenvectors of a real matrix – Properties of Eigen values – Cayley Hamilton theorem – Orthogonal reduction of a symmetric matrix to diagonal form – Orthogonal matrices – Reduction of quadratic form to canonical form by orthogonal transformation

Unit III:
Three Dimensional Analytical Geometry

Direction cosines and ratios – Angle between two lines – Equation of a plane – Equation of a straight line – Co-planar lines – Shortest distance between skew lines

Unit IV:
Geometrical Applications of Differential Calculus

Curvature – Cartesian and polar co-ordinates – Circle of curvature – involutes and Evolutes – Properties of envelopes – Evolutes as envelope of normals.

Unit V:
Functions of Several Variables

Functions of two variables – Partial derivatives – Total differential – Differentiation of implicit functions – Taylor’s expansion – Maxima and Minima – Constrained Maxima and Minima by Lagrange’s – Multiplier method – Jacobians

Text Book:

Kandasamy.P, Thilagavathi .K and Gunavathi K., Engineering Mathematics, Volume I (6th revised Edition), S Chand. & Co., New Delhi, 2003

Reference Books:

1 Kreyszig, E., “Advanced Engineering Mathematics” (8th Edition), John Wiley and Sons (Asia) Pvt Ltd., Singapore, 2000
2 Grewal, B.S., “Higher Engineering Mathematics” (6th Edition) Khanna Publisher, New Delhi, 2001

MULTIPLE INTEGRALS, DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS AND LAPLACE TRANSFORMS:
Unit I:
Multiple Integrals

Evaluation of Multiple Integrals, Change of order of Integration, Application of Multiple Integrals to find area enclosed by plane curves and volume of solids.

Unit II:
Beta and Gamma Integrals

Definition, relation connecting Beta and Gamma integrals, properties, evaluation of definite integrals in terms of Beta and Gamma functions.

Unit III:
Ordinary differential Equation

Simultaneous linear equations with constant coefficients – Linear equations of higher order with constant coefficients – Homogeneous equation of Euler type – Method of variation of parameters.

Unit IV:
Vector Calculus

Gradient, Divergence, Curl – Line, surface & volume integrals – Statements of Green’s, Gaussdivergence and stokes’ theorems (without proof) – verification and applications.

Unit V:
Laplace Transforms

Transforms of simple functions – Basic operational properties – Transforms of derivatives and integrals – Initial and final value theorems – Inverse transforms – Convolution theorem – Periodic function – Applications of Laplace transforms of solving linear ordinary differential equations upto second order

Text Book:

1. Kandasamy.P, Thilagavathi .K and Gunavathi K., Engineering Mathematics volume II (6th revised Edition), S. Chand & Co., New Delhi, 2003

Reference Books:

1. Kreyszig, E., “Advanced Engineering Mathematics” (8th Edition), John Wiley and Sons (Asia) Pvt Ltd., Singapore, 2000
2. Grewal, B.S., “Higher Engineering Mathematics” (6th Edition) Khanna Publisher, New Delhi, 2001

For more detailed information I am uploading a PDF file which is free to download:

Contact Details:
Karunya University
Karunya Nagar
Coimbatore,
Tamil Nadu 641114
India

Map Location:

[MAP]Karunya University Coimbatore,Tamil Nadu[/MAP]

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in