2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd August 2014, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Karnataka PGCET Exam CSE Syllabus

Karnataka PGCET Exam Syllabus for Computer Science & Engineering:

Engineering Mathematics: Mathematical Logic: Propositional Logic, First Order Logic.

Data Structures and Algorithms : Notion of abstract data types, Stack, Queue, List, Set, String, Tree, Binary search tree, Heap, Graph;
Tree and graph traversals, connected components, Spanning trees, shortest paths; Hashing, Sorting, Searching; Design techniques (Greedy, Dynamic Programming, Divide-and-conquer);
Asymptotic analysis (best, worst, average case) of time and space, Upper and Lower bounds on the complexity of specific problems, NP-completeness.

Logic Design and Computer Organization : Logic functions, Minimization, Design and synthesis of Combinational and Sequential circuits; Number representation and Computer Arithmetic (fixed and floating point); Machine instructions and addressing modes, ALU and Data-path, hardwired and micro-programmed control, memory interface, I/O interface (Interrupt and DMA mode), Serial communication interface, Instruction pipelining, Cache main and secondary storage.

Probability: Conditional Probability, Mean, Median, Mode and Standard Deviation, Random Variables; Distributions; uniform, normal, exponential, Poisson, Binomial.

Set Theory & Algebra: Sets; Relations, Functions; Groups; Partial Orders; Lattice; Boolean algebra.

Combinatorics: Permutations; Combinations; Counting; Summation; generating functions; recurrence relations; asymptotic.

Formal Languages and Automata Theory : Regular languages and finite automata, Context free languages and Push-down automata, Recursively enumerable sets and Turing machines, Un-decidability;

System software : Lexical analysis, Parsing, Syntax directed translation, Runtime environment, Code generation, linking (static and dynamic);

Operating Systems : Classical concepts (concurrency, synchronization, deadlock), Processes, threads and Inter-process communication, CPU scheduling, Memory management, File systems, I/O systems, Protection and security.

Databases : Relational model (ER-model, relational algebra, tuple calculus), Database design (integrity constraints, normal forms), Query languages (SQL), File structures (sequential files, indexing, B+ trees), Transactions and concurrency control;

Computer networks : ISO / OSI stack, Data encoding and transmission, data link control, sliding window protocols, LAN architecture, LAN systems, Ethernet, Token ring, routing protocols, Packet switching, Network devices – switches, gateways, TCP / UDP, application layer protocols and systems (http, smtp, dns, ftp), network security.

Web technologies : Three tier web based architectures; JSP, ASP, J2EE, .NEET systems; html, XML
27th February 2016, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Hii Buddy , I have Filled form to Appear in Karnataka PGCET Exam , For my Better Exam Preparation I want to Get Karnataka PGCET Exam Syllabus for Computer Science & Engineering , Will you please Provide me Same for my help ?
27th February 2016, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

Karnataka Examination Authority Conducts Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET) for Admissions to MBA, MCA and M.E. / M. Tech / M. Arch Courses

Scheme of Examination:

The Karnataka PGCET is Conducted for the following main disciplines of Engineering: Civil Engineering/ Computer Science Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Textile Engineering/ Polymer Science/ Environmental Engineering/ Architecture respectively

The Exam will be Done in two Main Parts Having Objective Type MCQs in the following Manner :

Part 1- Common Questions 30 Questions of 1 Mark each 15 Questions of 2 Marks each

Part 2- Specialization Questions 20 Questions of 1 Mark each 10 Questions of 2 Marks each

Total Number of Questions: 75 Total

Marks Allotted: 100

Duration of Exam: 150 Minutes

There will be No Negative Marking in the Exam.

Here Sharing Post Graduate Common Entrance Test Exam Computer Science and Engineering Subject Syllabus:

Engineering Mathematics: Mathematical Logic: Propositional Logic, First Order Logic.

Probability: Conditional Probability, Mean, Median, Mode and Standard Deviation, Random Variables; Distributions; uniform, normal, exponential, Poisson, Binomial.

Set Theory & Algebra: Sets; Relations, Functions; Groups; Partial Orders; Lattice; Boolean algebra.

Combinatorics: Permutations; Combinations; Counting; Summation; generating functions; recurrence relations; asymptotic.

Data Structures and Algorithms : Notion of abstract data types, Stack, Queue, List, Set, String, Tree, Binary search tree, Heap, Graph;

Tree and graph traversals, connected components, Spanning trees, shortest paths; Hashing, Sorting, Searching; Design techniques (Greedy, Dynamic Programming, Divide-and-conquer);

Asymptotic analysis (best, worst, average case) of time and space, Upper and Lower bounds on the complexity of specific problems, NP-completeness.

Logic Design and Computer Organization : Logic functions, Minimization, Design and synthesis of Combinational and Sequential circuits; Number representation and Computer Arithmetic (fixed and floating point); Machine instructions and addressing modes, ALU and Data-path, hardwired and micro-programmed control, memory interface, I/O interface (Interrupt and DMA mode), Serial communication interface, Instruction pipelining, Cache main and secondary storage.

Formal Languages and Automata Theory : Regular languages and finite automata, Context free languages and Push-down automata, Recursively enumerable sets and Turing machines, Un-decidability;

System software : Lexical analysis, Parsing, Syntax directed translation, Runtime environment, Code generation, linking (static and dynamic);

Operating Systems : Classical concepts (concurrency, synchronization, deadlock), Processes, threads and Inter-process communication, CPU scheduling, Memory management, File systems, I/O systems, Protection and security.

Databases : Relational model (ER-model, relational algebra, tuple calculus), Database design (integrity constraints, normal forms), Query languages (SQL), File structures (sequential files, indexing, B+ trees), Transactions and concurrency control;

Computer networks : ISO / OSI stack, Data encoding and transmission, data link control, sliding window protocols, LAN architecture, LAN systems, Ethernet, Token ring, routing protocols, Packet switching, Network devices – switches, gateways, TCP / UDP, application layer protocols and systems (http, smtp, dns, ftp), network security.

Web technologies : Three tier web based architectures; JSP, ASP, J2EE, .NEET systems; html, XML

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in