2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th June 2016, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Kannur University Btech S8 Syllabus

As you are asking for Kannur University B.tech civil engineering 8sem syllabus , so on your demand here I am providing same for you

2K6 CE 701 DESIGN OF STEEL STRUCTURES
Module I (13 hours)
Loading standards – I.S structural sections – I.S specifications – design of tension members – Bolted and welded
connections – design of simple and compound beams – laterally supported and unsupported.

Module II (13 hours)
Compression members – design of columns – short and long columns – axial and eccentric loading – built up
columns – moment resisting connections – lacing and battening – column bases, slab base and gusseted base .

Module III (13 hours)
Water tanks – Rectangular steel tanks, Cylindrical tanks with hemispherical bottom – connections – Design of
supporting towers.

Module IV (13 hours)
Roof elements – design of roof purlins and trusses for D.L, L.L and W.L – angular and tubular sections.
Gantry girders – loading considerations – maximum load effects – fatigue effects – design of gantry girder

2K6 CE 702 QUANTITY SURVEYING AND VALUATION
Module I (14 hours)
Quantity surveying: – Preparation of detailed estimate for :buildings – reinforced concrete structures, roads-
sanitary and water supply works.
Module II (12 hours)
Preparation of specification for common materials of construction and items of work as per IS-analysis of rates and
preparation of abstract of estimate for buildings and other engineering structures.
Module III (13 hours)
Valuation: – Cost price and value –purpose of valuation–deferent forms of value-factors affecting changes in
market values-Role of the valuer-nature of real property –factors affecting real property market-value of real
property.
Module IV (13 hours)
Methods of valuation for open lands-lands with buildings-Depreciation-valuation of licensed premises – valuation of
agricultural lands

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kannur University B.tech civil engineering S8 Syllabus.pdf (127.2 KB, 112 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in