2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd August 2014, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Kakatiya University MCA II Sem Model Papers

As per your request here I am sharing the model question paper of Kakatiya University MCA II Sem

Write a JDBC Application which inserting the data at runtime.
Write a JDBC Application to select values from table using prepared statement
Write a JDBC Application with designing the form
Write a JDBC Application. Finding out column count and column labels along with data
Write a JDBC Application finding out all the tables in the database.
Write a JDBC Application for SQL function Execution using callable statement.
Write a client/server application using stream sockets
Write a client/server application using datagram sockets
Write a program for simple file transfer.
Write a program for reading from a URL
Write a program for Multithreaded FTP server
Write a client/server program with form designing (Text field, labels, Text Area, Buttons)
Write a program for passing on objects to on RMI
Write an RMI Application for invoking the database to retrieve the results
Write an RMI Application with form designing
Enter file name by selecting the file dialog box
Write a Bean Application for an simple property
Write a Bean Application for an Boolean Property
Write a Bean Application to retrieve the values from the table by invoking database
Write a Bean Application for an Indexed property
Write a Bean Application for starting and stopping the Juggler Bean and Execute it in Applet
Write a Bean Application for an Bound property
Write a Bean Application for an constrained property
Write a Bean Application for Rotating a Molecular Bean
Write servlet program for displaying a message in a browser using generic servlet
Write a servlet program to communicate html-servlet

MCA111: PROBLEM SOLVING AND COMPUTER PROGRAMMING
Workload: 4 PPW Marks: University Exam – 80: Internal Exam - 20
U N I T – I
INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTERS: Computer Systems, Computer Hardware, Computer Software, Computer environments, Computer Languages, System development.
INTRODUCTION TO C++ LANGUAGE: C++ programs, Data types, variables, constants, coding constants, expression precedence and associatively, mixed type expressions statements.
FUNCTIONS: Functions in C++, User defined functions, standard library functions, scope.

U N I T – II
SELECTION MAKING DECISIONS: Logical data and operators, two-way selection, multi-way selection. Iteration: Concept of a loop, event –controlled and counter-controlled loops, loops in C++, Recursion. TEXT I/O- Input O/P entities, Streams, Formatting input and output, character input/output functions, character input/output examples.

U N I T – III
ARRAYS: Arrays and functions, array application sorting, searching. POINTERS: Pointers and functions, pointers to pointers, pointer arithmetic and arrays, passing an array to a function.

CLASSES- Class objects, inline functions, static members, classes and pointers, structure, unions, enumerated types, the type definition.
INHERITANCE AND AGGREGATION: Inheritance, private, protected, public, manager functions and inheritance, overriding member functions, polymorphism, multiple inheritances.

U N I T – IV
TEMPLATES: Function templates, class templates, strings. EXCEPTION HANDLING:
Exception handling classes, exception specification, exception in classes, standard exception.

TEXT BOOK
A STRUCTURED APPROACH USING C++ BY B.A.FOROUZAN & RF GILBERG (THOMSON BUSINESS INFORMATION INDIA))

REFERENCE BOOKS
1. C++ HOW TO PROGRAM – BY DEITEL & DEITEL - (Addison Wesley)
2. INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER SCIENCE BY - TREMBLEY AND BUNT - (McGraw-Hill)
3. TEACH YOURSELF C++ BY - HERBERT SCHILDT - (TMH)
4. THINKING IN C++ BY - BRUCE ECKEL - (Pearson Education, Second Edition)
5. STANDARD C++ WITH OBJECT-ORIENTED PROGRAMMING BY - PAUL S WANG - (VIKAS PUB.)
6. FUNDAMENTAL OF COMPUTING WITH C ++ BY - J.R. HUBBARD, SCHAUM’S SERIES
7. COMPLETE REFERENCE C ++ -BY- SCHILDT (TMH)
8. C++ PROGRAMMING, BY AL STEVENS WILEY, DREAM TECH
9. OBJECT OREINTED PROGRAMMING WITH C ++ BY - R. SUBBURAJ (VIKAS)
10. C ++ PROGRAMMING - BY - DS. MALLIK (THOMSON LEARNING)
11. C ++ PROGRAMMING -BY-HERBERT SCHILDT(DREAM TECH PRESS)
12. STARTING OUT WITH C ++ BY - TONY GADDIS (Dream Tech Press)
13. COMPUTING CONCEPTS WITH C ++ BY – HORSTMANN (WILEY)

MCA112: COMPUTER ORGANIZATION
U N I T - I
LOGIC CIRCUITS : Basic Logic Functions, Synthesis of Logic Functions Using ADN, OR, and NOT Gates, Minimization of Logic Expression, Synthesis with NAND and NOR Gates, Practical Implementation of Logic Gates, Flip-Flops, Registers and Shift Registers, Counters, Decoders, Multiplexers, Programmable Logic Devices (PHDs), Field-Programmable Gate Arrays, Sequential Circuits.
BASIC STRUCTURE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE: Functional units, Basic operational concepts, Bus structures, Software, Performance, Distributed Computing.
ADDRESSING METHODS : Basic Concepts, Memory Locations, Main Memory Operations, Addressing Modes, Assembly Language, Basic I/O operations, Stacks and Queues, Subroutines.
(Chapter 1, 2.1 to 2.8, A.1 to A.13)

U N I T - II
PROCESSING UNIT: Some Fundamental Concepts, Execution of a Complete Instruction, Hardwired Control, Performance Considerations, Micro Programmed Control, Signed Addition and Subtraction, Arithmetic and Branching Conditions, Multiplication of Positive Numbers, Signed-Operand Multiplication, Fast Multiplication, Integer Division, Floating-Point Numbers and Operations.
(Chapter 3, 6.4 to 6.10)

U N I T - III
INPUT-OUTPUT ORGANIZATION: Accessing I/O Devices, Interrupts, Processor Examples, Direct Memory Access, I/O Hardware, Standard I/O Interfaces, The Motorola 680X0 Family, The Intel 80X86 Family, The Power PC Family, The Alpha AXP Family, Architectural and Performance Comparisons, A Stack Processor.
(Chapter 4, 8.1 to 8.6)

U N I T - IV
MEMORY: Semiconductor RAM memories, Read-Only Memories, Cache Memories, Performance Considerations, Virtual Memories, Memory Management Requirements.
INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER PERIPHERALS: I/O Devices, On-Line Storage. (Chapter 5, 9.1, 9.2)

TEXT BOOK
1 COMPUTER ORGANIZATION, TMH (IV EDITION) BY V.C. HAMACHER

REFERENCE BOOK
1 COMPUTER ORGANIZATION, (PHI) By MORIS MANO
2 COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE & ORGANISATION By HAYES, (TMH)
3 COMPUTER SYSTEMS ORGANISATION & ARCHITECTURE By CARPINELLI, (ADDISON WESLEY)
4 THE ARCHITECTURE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE AND SYTEMS HARDWARE BY I ENGLANDER (WILEY)
5 COMPUTER SYTEMS DESIGN AND ARCHITECTURE BY VP HEURING, HF JORDAN (PEARSON)

MCA113: DISCRETE MATHEMATICS
U N I T – I
FUNDAMENTALS: Sets, Relations and functions, Fundamentals of logic, Logical inferences, First order logic, Quantified propositions, Mathematical induction.
ELEMENTARY COMBINATORICS: Combinations and Permutations, Enumeration - with repetitions, with constrained repetitions, The Principle of Inclusion - Exclusion.
(Chapter 1-2)

U N I T –II
RECURRENCE RELATIONS: Generating functions, Coefficients of Generating functions, Recurrence Relations, Inhomogeneous Recurrence Relations
(Chapter-3)

U N I T – III
RELATIONS AND DIAGRAMS: Relations and diagrams, Binary relations, Equivalence relations, Ordering relations, Lattices, Paths and Closures, Directed graphs, Adjacency matrices - Applications, Sorting and Searching
(Chapter - 4)

U N I T – IV
GRAPHS: Graphs, Isomorphism, Trees, Spanning trees, Binary trees, Planar graphs, Eler Circuits, Hamiltonian graphs, Chromatic numbers, Four-colour problem, Network flows. (Chapter 5)

TEXT-BOOK
1 Discrete Mathematics For Computer Scientists, (Chapter 1-5) BY J L MOTT, A KANDEL AND T P BAKER

REFERENCE BOOKS
2 DISCRETE MATHEMATICAL STRUCTURE - (TMH) BY TREMBLEY AND MANOHAR
3 DISCRETE MATHEMATICS WITH ALGORITHMS - (JOHN WILEY) BY M.O.ALBERTSON AND J.P.HUTCHINSON
4 ELEMENTS OF DISCRETE MATHEMATICS-(TMH, SECOND EDITION) BY C.L.LIU
5 DISCRETE MATHEMATICS - (PHI, THIRD EDITION) BY BURNORD KOLMAN
6 DISCRETE MATHEMATICS BY KH ROSSEN (TMH)
7 DISCRETE MATHEMATICS BY S LIPSCHUTZ AND M. LIPSON SCHAUM’S GEN (TMH)
8 DISCRETE MATHEMATICS FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE BY GARRRY HAGGARD, J. SCHILPF & S WHITE SIDES (THOMSON PRESS)
9 DISCRETE & COMBINATORIAL MATHEMATICS BY RALPH P GRIMALDI (PEARSON EDUCATION)
10 DISCRETE MATHEMATICAL STRUCTURES BY DS MALLIK & M K SEN (THOMSON PRESS)

MCA114: INTERNET TECHNOLOGIES
UNIT – I
HTML- Basic HML, The document body, Text, Hyperlinks, Adding More Formatting, Lists, Using Color and Images, Images, Tables, Frames, Forms-Toward Interactivity.
Cascading Style sheets – Introduction, Inline Styles, Embedded Style Sheets, Linking external sheets, Backgrounds, text flow and box model.
(Text Book 1 chapters 4, 5 and 6)

UNIT – II
JavaScript- Introduction, simple programming, Obtaining User Input with prompt Dialogs, Operators (arithmetic, Decision making, assignment, logical, increment and decrement)
Control Structures - if… else selection statement, while, do… while repetitions statement, for statement, switch statement, break and continue statements.
Functions – program modules in JavaScript, programmer defined functions, function definition, Random-number generator, scope rules, global functions, recursion, JavaScript: Arrays.
(Text Book 1 chapters 7, 8, 9 and 10)

UNIT – III
JavaScript: Objects – Math Object, String Object, Date Object, Boolean & Number Object, document and window Objects.
Event Model – onclick, onload, onerror, onmouseover, onmouseout, on focus, onblur, onsubmit, onreset, more DHTML events.
Filter and Transitions – flipv, fliph, chroma, masks, invert, gray, xray, shadow to text, alpha, glow, wave, dropshadow, light, blendTrans, revealTrans.
(Text Book 1 chapters 11, 12, 14 and 15)

UNIT – IV
PHP – Introduction to PHP, including PHP in a page, Data Types, program control, Arrays, User-defined functions, Built-in Functions, regular expression, using files. Building Web Applications with PHP- tracking users, using databases.
Handling xml. Introduction, XML Basics, Structuring Data, XML Namespaces, Document Type Definitions (DTDs), W3C XML Schema Documents, XML Vocabularies, MathML, Other Markup Languages, Extensible Style sheet Language and XSL Transformations, Document Object Model (DOM).
(PHP from Text Book 2 chapters 7, XML from Text Book 1 chapter No. 20)

TEXT BOOKS
1. Internet & World Wide Web- H. M. Deitel, P.J. Deitel, A. B. Goldberg-Third Edition
2. Web Programming –Chris Bates – Third edition.(Wiley)

REFERENCE BOOKS
1. Programming World Wide Web by RW Sebesta (Pearson)
2. An Introduction to Web Design+Programming by Wang & Katia(Pearson )
3. HTML & XML An Introduction NIIT(PHI)
4. HTML for the WWW with XHTML & CSS by Wlizabeth Castro(Pearson)
5. Fundamentals of the Internet an the World Wide Web by Raymond Green Law and Ellen Hepp (TMH)
6. Internet and Web Technologies by Raj Kamal (TMH)
7. Internet and Web Basics by Ned Snell, Bob Temple, TM Clark (Pearson)

Here I am also uploading the file containing the MCA Syllabus of Kakatiya University

Address:
Kakatiya University
Hanamkonda, Andhra Pradesh ‎
0870 243 8866 ‎

Map:

[MAP]https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=kakatiya+'university&hl=en&ll=18.0282,79.55 1916&spn=0.012079,0.020428&sll=13.63187,79.393494& sspn=0.012345,0.020428&gl=in&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A[/MAP]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kakatiya University MCA Syllabus.pdf (744.1 KB, 204 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in