2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

24th December 2015, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

Re: Jpmorgan Chase Bank Levy Department

Hi I would like to know about a case on the Jpmorgan Chase Bank Levy Department which was in the news for all the wrong reasons?
24th December 2015, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

The case on the JP Morgan Chase Bank Levy Department which was in the news for all the wrong reasons is explained below as it happened:

Chase Bank Court Orders & Levies Department Appears to be Breaking the Law:

This story was originally sent in a couple of months ago. Chase Bank has been busted for some really shady things in the past, but this was something completely new and probably illegal so the facts needed to be verified before being published.

If there is a court ordered hold placed on your bank account for any amount, a special department called the Chase Bank Court Orders & Levies Department located in Columbus Ohio gets involved.

Apparently it is the policy of Chase Bank to freeze double the amount of funds in the court order. if the state of New York for instance, claims you owe them $1,000 for something, they will send a court order to Chase Bank asking that they put a hold on your bank account in the amount of $1,000.

First, they will freeze double the amount being asked for by the court order. That money is still used by Chase Bank in their day to day business operations.

so they will loan your “frozen” money out to other people and collect money on the interest.

Second, they will freeze all ATM and online withdrawals. This is after the other money (x2) is already frozen.

the State of New York gets a court order to have Chase Bank put a hold on your account for $1,000 until the issue can be resolved. Not only will Chase freeze double that amount ($2,000), but they will prevent you from accessing the other $8,000 in your account through ATM or online.
28th May 2021, 07:33 AM
Unregistered

866-578-7022 - 2 their phone number
8th September 2023, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

I need a central band of chase to serve a bank levy on another chase client can you provide me with an address where i can have the sherriffs serve a bank levy?

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in