2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th December 2014, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Job after AMIE Degree

Yes, AMIE degree is applicable in all job sectors. AMIE degree is considered for all central and state level government jobs but in private and public sector companies, it is depend on company to company.

AMIE stands for Associate Member of Institution of Engineers. It is a degree level examination in engineering, recognized by all State Governments, Central Govt., AICTE, UPSC etc as equivalent to B.E/B. Tech. After AMIE you will get equal opportunities for job as well as higher education in both Govt. and private sectors, just like a B.E or B. Tech holder.

The Institution of Engineers (India), the largest multidisciplinary body of engineers in the country that conducts examination of AMIE.

Required Qualifications for AMIE:
1. A recognized 3-year Polytechnic Diploma or its equivalent in any branch of engineering.

OR

2. +2/HSC/PDC with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics with minimum 45% marks.

AMIE Branches Available:
1. Chemical Engineering
2. Civil Engineering
3. Computer Science and Engineering
4. Electrical Engineering
5. Electronics & Communication Engineering
6. Mechanical Engineering
7. Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
8. Mining Engineering
9. Production Engineering
10. Textile Engineering

Duration:
The duration of AMIE is flexible. A period of 6 years each is allowed for completing Section A and B. Students who study the course under any of our coaching program can complete the course in 4 semesters (Diploma holders) or 6 semesters (+2 holders)

Job Opportunities after AMIE Course:
After AMIE Course you are eligible for a job in the public and private sector as a fresh BE/B. Tech graduate.

You have the option of giving GATE and pursuing further specialization in the field of their choice or for good jobs.

Companies for Job after AMIE Course:
1 . T Spiritual World Ltd
2 . Tata Consultancy Services
3 . Tata Elxsi Ltd
4 . TECH MAHINDRATeledata Informatics Ltd
5 . Telesys Software Ltd
6 . TeradataTIBCO Software
7 . Total Exports Ltd
8 . TrianzTricom India Ltd
9 . IPS
10 . SCRA
11 . Army jobs
12 . Air Force
13 . Indian Navy jobs
14 . BHEL
15 . ECIL
16 . DRDL
17 . DRDO
18 . HAL
19 . NTPC
20 . UPPCL
21 . SAIL
22 . GAIL
21st March 2015, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

Hey bro I want to do AMIE Degree but before it I would like to know about jobs prospects after that, so can you provide me require information??
21st March 2015, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

As you are asking about Job after AMIE Degree, so after passed AMIE degree you can jobs in multinational companies like TCS, Wipro, HSBC, Syntel, Cognizant etc.

You can appear any exam where BE/ B Tech students can apply.
You preparing UPSC , MPSC etc. Exams.
Beside it You may sit in various competitive examinations viz. IES, IAS , MBA, and many more or get promotions in many Government /Private/Public sector departments, you can also apply for superior posts.

Companies/ jobs for after AMIE degree
BSNL
JTO
MTNL
TTA
IAS
IES
NDA
IAF
IPS
SCRA
Army jobs
Air Force
Indian Navy jobs
BHEL
ECIL
DRDL
DRDO
HAL
NTPC
UPPCL
SAIL
GAIL
ONGC
NIC etc
5th January 2017, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

hey bro I have completed AMIE in electronics and commn and want to join PSU in exservicemen category.Pls tell me what is the age relaxation for exservicemen in PSU's and am I eligible for recruitment through GATE.Pls give reference of written authority for age.
Thank you
1st September 2017, 06:45 AM
Unregistered

why iocl are not taken AMIE people as a engineer ?after done the AMIE in Chemical Engineering in which PSU i can apply
28th September 2019, 08:15 AM
Unregistered

here I have come to know which jobs one can get after Associate Member of Institution of Engineers (AMIE) Degree program , as my cousin want to apply for this course and before got for it want to know about jobs prospects ??
28th September 2019, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

As you are asking for jobs that one can get after Associate Member of Institution of Engineers (AMIE) Degree program , so I am telling after completing AMIE course one can apply for jobs in the following government companies-

BSNL

JTO

MTNL

TTA

IAS

IES

NDA

IAF

IPS

SCRA

Army jobs

Air Force