2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th May 2015, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

JNU PHD scholarship

Hello, I am a PHD student at the Jawaharlal Nehru University. I am looking for the scholarship scheme of this University so will you please tell me what the eligibility is needed to get the scholarship? Also tell me what is the fee structure of PHD course at Jawaharlal Nehru University? Also tell me what are the Accommodation available here?
Similar Threads
Thread
DCE scholarship org
Uae MBA scholarship
AUC MBA Scholarship
MBA IIM Scholarship
MBA NTU Scholarship
DAV Scholarship
MBA UCD Scholarship
EBS MBA Scholarship
QUT MBA Scholarship
NTU MBA scholarship
AIT MBA Scholarship
DCE CSS Scholarship
LPU Scholarship
Scholarship MBA
MBA USA Scholarship
MBA nus scholarship
Rgu MBA scholarship
RGU MBA Scholarship
Scholarship for PG course in USA
UCD MBA scholarship
10th May 2018, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

Re: JNU PHD scholarship

Can you tell me in detail about the Fellowships/Scholarships/Awards given to PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) students of JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University), New Delhi?
10th May 2018, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Re: JNU PHD scholarship

The details about the Fellowships/Scholarships/Awards given to PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) students of JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University), New Delhi are as follows:

AYUSH Fellowship
The Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India offers Ph.D. Fellowship programmes, AYUSH National Eligibility Test (AYUSH-NET) equivalent to UGC/CSIR NET.
It intends to sponsor annually 200 candidates (125 PG of AYUSH and 75 PG of Science & technology streams) for pursuing Ph.D. on AYUSH research topics.

Okita Memorial Fellowship
There are two Fellowships each of the value of Rs.5000/- p.m. with an annual contingency grant of Rs.10,000/- awarded by the ICCR on the recommendation of the University for 2 years.
This is open to meritorious Indian students in JNU who are registered for M.Phil/Ph.D. and MA 2nd year programme in various Centres of SIS/ SLL&CS/SSS pursuing studies/research in any of the areas of specialization bearing on Japan or on Indias Relations with Japan.

Australian High Commission Fellowship
There is Scholarship of Rs. 3500/- per month plus annual contingency grant of Rs.6000/-. The Fellowship is awarded to a Ph.D. student for a period of two years working on a subject concerning Australian Study in the Centre of CIPS, CAIS and CSAS/SIS.

Special Fellowships for SC/ST and PH students -
Four Fellowships are awarded @ Rs.12000/- p.m.(for one semester or two semesters) for students hailing from deprived sections of society i.e. Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe and Physically Challenged (Handicapped) with a view to preparing them for taking up teaching and/or research as career.
These fellowships are to be used for most deserving among them who have completed two years of Ph.D. or after having completed M. Phil are on the verge of completion of Ph.D.

Nippon Foundation (Japan)
Two Fellowships are awarded every year out of the endowment of US$ 1 million given by Nippon Foundation.
The fellowship holders will enjoy this prestigious Fellowship for a period of 3 years at the rate of Rs.15000/- per month.
At a given point of time from third year onwards, six students of M.Phil./Ph.D. programme will be awarded the Fellowship

Fox International Fellowship of Yale University -
Annually awarded to one or two students of M.Phil./ Ph.D. programme in any of the following fields: economics, finance, political science, international relations, law and contemporary history.
They should therefore have completed 3 semesters of M.Phil./ Ph.D./Direct Ph.D. programme but should not have completed more than 6 semesters of the said programme.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in