2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st November 2014, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Re: JNU M.A Economics Syllabus

As you want to get the JNU M.A Economics entrance exam Syllabus so here I am giving you short syllabus of this exam:

M.A. in Economics
Applicants will be tested for their analytical abilities and awareness of national and international economic issues of importance at present and in the recent past.
Candidates are expected to be familiar with the content of a standard Economics course taught at the B.A. level. Especially for the benefit of applicants without an undergraduate degree in Economics, an enumeration of the areas to be covered is given below:

(a)(i) Micro-economics (Demand Curves, Price and Income Elasticity of Demand, Cost Curves, Equilibrium of Firm under Perfect Competition and Monopoly). (ii)Macro-economics (National Income Theory of Income Determination, Monetary Policy, Trade and Balance of Payments)

(b)Descriptive Statistics (Mean, Median and Mode, Standard Deviation, Correlation Coefficient), Elementary Probability Theory, Mathematics for Economists (Elementary Algebra,Coordinate Geometry and Elementary Calculus)

(c)Problems of Economic History, Underdevelopment and Growth. (i)India’s Economic Development prior to Independence: India’s Planning and Development experience since Independence; Basic indicators of Development.(ii) International Economics Issues of Contemporary Relevance.

The M.A. admission test (total marks :100) will have only multiple choice questions (with negative marks for wrong answers) and the grading will be computerized.

Here I am giving you image of JNU M.A Economics entrance exam question paper:

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in