2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th August 2015, 07:49 AM
Unregistered

Re: JNU Geography Entrance Syllabus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I a preparing for the JNU M.A (Geography) entrance exam for admission in M.A (Geography) in Jawaharlal Nehru University so can you please provide me the syllabus of this entrance exam for the preparation? Tell me the duration of the JNU M.A (Geography) entrance exam?
JNU MA Geography entrance exam has questions from following topics:

The M.A. admission test will carry a total of 100 marks with the unit wise total marks assigned and coverage of topics as indicated below.

Unit I will have only multiple choice questions to be answered on OMR sheet.

Unit I (60 marks) Multiple Choice Questions on:
1.Geomorphology, climatology, oceanography and biogeography.
2. Human geography, economic geography, political geography, population geography, human ecology and human settlements. 3.Regional geography of India – physiographic divisions, patterns and levels of development of agriculture and industries, growth of population and urbanisation, and socio-cultural diversity. 4.Geographical Information System, Remote Sensing, Cartography, Quantitative Techniques.

Unit II (20 marks) Short Answer Question on: Physical, human, regional geography and geography of India.

Unit III ( 10 marks) Question/Questions on Cartography – scales and map projections, topographical maps of India, Methods of data representation.

Unit IV (10 marks) Question/Questions on: Statistical Methods – frequency distribution, measures of central tendency and dispersion, Correlation

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in