2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

17th August 2018, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Re: JNU Economics Entrance Syllabus

I want the syllabus of Economics of Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam (JNUEE) Exam so can you provide me?
17th August 2018, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Re: JNU Economics Entrance Syllabus

I am providing you the syllabus of Economics of Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam (JNUEE) Exam

JNUEE Exam Economics syllabus

Applicants will be tested for their analytical abilities and awareness of national and international economic issues of importance at present and in the recent past.

Candidates are expected to be familiar with the content of a standard Economics course taught at the B.A. level.

Especially for the benefit of applicants without an undergraduate degree in Economics, an enumeration of the areas to be covered is given below:

(a) (i) Micro-economics (Demand Curves, Price and Income Elasticity of Demand, Cost Curves, Equilibrium of Firm under Perfect Competition and Monopoly)

(ii) Macro
economics (National Income Theory of Income Determination, Monetary Policy, Trade and Balance of Payments)

(b) Descriptive Statistics (Mean, Median and Mode, Standard Deviation, Correlation Coefficient), Elementary Probability Theor y, Mathematics for Economists (Elementary Algebra, Coordinate Geometry and Elementary Calculus)

(c) Problems of Economic History, Underdevelopment and Growth: (I) India's Economic Development prior to Inde pendence: India's Planning and Development experience since Independence; Basic indicators of Development.

(ii) International Economics Issues of Contemporary Relevance.

The entrance exam for M.A. will comprise two parts: Part A will have multiple choice questions and Part B will have short and long problems/questions.

Marks obtained in Part A will be used for shortlisting candidates for whom answers for Part B will be evaluated.

Final selection will be on the basis of total marks obtained in Part A and Part B.

Contact-

Jawaharlal Nehru University
New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi, Delhi 110067
011 2674 2575

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in