2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th June 2015, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

JEE Advanced Format

Hello, I am looking for the JEE Advanced Exam Format. So can you please provide me the details regarding this including the marking scheme of the exam??
Similar Threads
Thread
TFW Format for JEXPO
Synopsis Format For B.E
JEE Advanced Result Site JEE Advanced Result By SMS
IIT JEE Format
Format of GRE
Ld Format String
MD Format
New GRE Format
APA Format for MBA
MBA Format
MBA CV Format Doc
MBA Paper Format
GRE CBT Format
CV Format for CA
Format of CV
SBI PO Format
JEE Advanced Registration Number Lost JEE Advanced Marks Vs Rank Predictor
RBI KYC Format
UTC time format .net
IIT JEE New format
15th June 2015, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Re: JEE Advanced Format

Hello, you are looking for the paper pattern of the JEE Advanced exam. So I am providing it to you:

Paper-I

Question paper format:

The question paper consists of 3 parts (Part I: Physics, , Part II:Chemistry , Part III Mathematics) . Each part had 2 sections.

Section I had 10 Multiple Response hoice questions. Each question has 4 choices (A), (B), (C) and (D), out of which more than one is correct.

Section II had 10 MCIT(One integer value correct type) questions.

Marking Scheme:

In each question, there were 3 marks if you have darkened only the bubble corresponding to the correct answer and zero mark if no bubble is darkened and incorrect. (i.e there is no negative marking for incorrect answers

In summary for each subject the pattern was as under

Paper-2

Question paper format:

The question paper consists of 3 parts (Part-I : Mathematics, Part-II : Physics, Part-III : Chemistry). Each part has 3 sections
Section I contains 10 multiple choice questions. Each question has 4 choices (A), (B), (C) and (D), out of which only one is correct. (Multiple choice question with only one correct answer)

Section II had 6 Comprehension Type(CD) questions. There are Six questions

relate to the three paragraphs with two questions on each paragraph. Each question has only one correct answer among the four given options (A), (B), (C) and (D).

Section III contains 4 mtching list type (MRMT) questions. Each question contains statements given in 2 columns. Statements in the first column have to be matched with statements in the second column. The answers to these questions have to be appropriately bubbled in the ORS as per the instructions given at the beginning of the section. (Multiple Response Matching Type Questions (also referred as Matrix – Matching Type questions)

Marking Scheme:
In Section I, for each question , there were 3 marks if you have darkened only the bubble corresponding to the correct answer and zero mark if no bubble is darkened. In all other cases, minus one (-1) mark will be awarded.

In Section II, for each question, there were 4 marks if you darkened all the bubble(s) corresponding to the correct answer and zero mark if no bubble is darkened. In all other cases, minus one (–1) mark will be awarded .

In Section III, for each question, there will 8 marks if you darken ALL the bubbles corresponding ONLY to the correct answer or awarded 2 mark each for correct bubbling of answer in any row. No negative mark will be awarded for an incorrectly bubbled answer

In Section IV, for each question , there were 4 marks if you have darkened only the bubble corresponding to the correct answer and zero mark if no bubble is darkened. In all other cases, minus one (-1) mark will be awarded.

There were 19 questions from each subject (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) totalling to 80 marks. The total questions from all subjects were 57 totalling to 240 marks.

Exam Type Paper I (Obj) Paper II (Obj)
Question Type
Paper I - MR, MCIT & Paper II -MC, CD, MRMT

Subjects No. of Questions Marks
Physics 20 60
Chemistry 20 60
Mathematics 20 60

Total Questions 60
Maximum Marks 180
Marks for each Correct Answer 3
Negative Marks for Incorrect Answer Paper I - 0.00, Paper II -1.00
Marks for questions not attempted 0.00