2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st June 2015, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

Jamia Millia Islamia Guest House

Myself ! Gauri and I want to know that is there any Guest House in Jamia Millia Islamia university ?? if yes than I want to know that as my son is doing engineering from Jamia Millia Islamia university so I want to meet my son …kindly tell me that if the rooms are available or not ??
Similar Threads
Thread
BSC In Jamia Millia Islamia
Jamia Millia Islamia B A
Www.Jamia Millia Islamia BDS
Jamia Millia Islamia MCA course
Jamia Hamdard And Jamia Millia Islamia
Jamia Millia Islamia MBA
Guest house Jamia Millia Islamia
Jamia Millia Islamia DU
MBA at Jamia Millia Islamia
Institute Of Advanced Studies In Education Jamia Millia Islamia Jamia Nagar Delhi
Jamia Millia Islamia M.A
VC of Jamia Millia Islamia
Jamia Millia Islamia Jamia Millia Islamia
Jamia Millia Islamia B Com
MSC Jamia Millia Islamia
Jamia Millia Islamia B E
Jamia Millia Islamia Jamia Nagar New Delhi
Jamia Millia Islamia
Jamia Millia Islamia Vs AMU
BE in Jamia Millia Islamia
10th July 2018, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

Re: Jamia Millia Islamia Guest House

Can you tell me about the eligibility requirement and other important details of the Nehru Guest House of Jamia Millia Islamia?
10th July 2018, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

The Guest House of the University, Nehru House is named after the first Prime Minister of India Shri Jawahar Lal Nehru, was inaugurated by Shri Khurshid Alam, the then Chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia and the Governor of Karnataka, on 5th December 1998.

Eligibility
There are two categories according to which availability is made

Category A: Official Guests

Priority-I
Members of JMI Court/Executive Council/Academic Council/Selection committees/ Boards of Studies/Board of Management/Faculty committee at Departments/Faculties/ School / Centres, Sub Committees / Special Committees/Finance Committee, Examiners, Experts for viva voce for M.Phil/Ph.D.
All allotment covered under this category and those who come to the University on official business and are entitled to receive TA/DA from JMI also those declared by the Vice-Chancellor as official and be charged at concessional rates.

Priority-II
Participants of seminar / workshop / symposium / conference / training / programmes organised by University/School/centre/Department/official guest of UGC will fall in this category.
The duration of stay should not normally exceed the days of the meeting. One day before and one day after the meeting will be charged at official rates, any extension (in no case beyond 10 days) will be charged at full rates.

Category-B Non-Official Guests
Personal guest of employees of Jamia Millia Islamia referred by a permanent employee of Jamia Millia Islamia in writing not below the rank of Registrar/Asstt Registrar/Asstt Professor/ Section Officer.
In this category requisition slip for rooms will be filled by the Jamia employee and the requisitioner will take the responsibility of guests. The allotment of rooms is strictly in the order of preference mentioned above.

Facility Available
1. AC Rooms fully furnished with LCD TV and Refrigerator
2. Complimentary one bed tea per person
3. Wi Fi connectivity
4. Dining Hall
5. Committee Room
6. Lounge with LCD
7. Lift facilities
8. Laundary facility is available on request at the reception.
9. Rear garden and shed
10. Car parking at owners risk.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nehru Guest House of Jamia Millia Islamia.pdf (653.2 KB, 159 views)
24th July 2018, 08:39 AM
Unregistered

I visited Delhi and searching for the guest house came to know about the Jamia Millia Islamia Guest House. Will you please provide me details about the occupancies of Jamia Millia Islamia Guest House and priorities along with Prioritized List for Occupancy also tell contact details?
24th July 2018, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Maulana Azad House (M.A. House) is a Studio Apartment Guest House facility
adjacent to the main University Guest House (Nehru House).

Both these guest houses are located in the Ansari Auditorium Campus of Jamia Millia Islamia.

Prioritized List for Occupancy

1. MOU Visiting Faculty- This category includes those who come to teach at
Jamia through a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Jamia and any other Institution.

2. UGC Sponsored Guests- This category would include Visiting Pro fossors,
Professor Emeritus and Visiting Fellows.

3. JMI Appointed Faculty- This category would include the following:
i. Scholars in Residence
ii. Adjunct Faculty
iii. Scholars/Experts visiting Jamia under SAP-DRS progamme of any Dept. /
Centre.
iv. Newly Appointed Faculty

4. Visiting Scholars/Experts coming to any Centre / Dept. as invitee/s of the said
Centre / Dept.

5. Emergency requirement of rooms occurring at the event of a major Conference/Festival
being organized in Jamia.

6. Private Category Visitors- This would include both short and long stay visitors.
Any such visitor would require prior approval from the Vice-Chancellor.

(Jamia Millia Islamia Guest House form

Nehru Guest House
Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Nagar, Okhla
New Delhi, Delhi 110025
Phone: 085889 65587

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in