2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

12th May 2016, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

Isro gps

Hello sir I want to know about ISRO GPS so here can you please give me its basic information ?
Similar Threads
Thread
Isro mcf
EEE In ISRO
Key for ISRO
Www.ISRO Job.Com
Phd in ISRO
Isro gk
Mcf isro
After MCA Job In ISRO
Isro dsn
Gps isro
Sre 1 isro
Rti isro
Isro ltd
ISRO For CSE
Isro jee
MOM by ISRO
Isro mba
How to Get Job in ISRO
After PG Job In ISRO
After ME Job In ISRO
12th May 2016, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Isro gps

Hey as The Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System or IRNSS is an indigenously developed Navigation Satellite System

GPS
GPS is global positioning system as The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a space-based navigation system that provides location and time information in all weather conditions, anywhere on or near the Earth where there is an unobstructed line of sight to four or more GPS satellite

Requirement
The requirement of such a navigation system is driven because access to foreign government-controlled global navigation satellite systems is not guaranteed in hostile situations, as happened to the Indian military depending on American GPS during the Kargil War

The IRNSS would provide two services, with the Standard Positioning Service open for civilian use, and the Restricted Service (an encrypted one) for authorized users (including the military).

Fundamentals

The GPS concept is based on time and the known position of specialized satellites. The satellites carry very stable atomic clocks that are synchronized to each other and to ground clocks.
Any drift from true time maintained on the ground is corrected daily.

Satellite
The proposed system would consist of a constellation of seven satellites and a support ground segment. Three of the satellites in the constellation will be located in geostationary orbit (GEO) at 32.5° East, 83° East, and 131.5° East longitude.

The other four will be in inclined geosynchronous orbit (GSO).

Two of the GSOs will cross the equator at 55° East and two at 111.75° East

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in